Solution Chapter Class 12 Chemistry MCQ (Vapour Pressure of Liquid Solutions) for AIIMS, NEET, JEE provides a comprehensive coverage of the fundamental concepts in the fields of Solutions Chemistry. It contains a variety of questions from previous years’ AIIMS, NEET and JEE papers.
Solution Chapter Class 12 Chemistry MCQ (Vapour Pressure of Liquid Solutions)
1. If a mixture of A and B boils at a temperature lower than the boiling point of either of the components, what kind of deviation does the mixture show?
a) No deviation
b) Maximum and minimum deviation from Raoult’s law
c) Negative deviation from Raoult’s law
d) Positive deviation from Raoult’s law
Answer: Positive deviation from Raoult’s law
2. What deviation is shown by a mixture of equimolar phenol and aniline?
a) Negative deviation
b) Positive deviation
c) No deviation
d) Alternating positive and negative
Answer: Negative deviation
3. If ethanol and chloroform are present in a molar ratio of 2:3 then what is the vapor pressure at 20° C if vapor pressures of pure liquids are 5.95 kPa and 21.17 kPa, respectively?
a) 16.692 kPa
b) 15.082 kPa
c) 8.731 kPa
d) 12.038 kPa
Answer: 15.082 kPa
4. A volatile liquid with vapor pressure 85 kPa (at sea level, 25° C) is taken to the peak of Mt. Everest. Which of the following is true?
a) The vapor pressure of the solution decreases
b) The solution will condense quickly than when at sea level
c) The solution will vaporize quickly than when at sea level
d) The vapor pressure of the solution increases
Answer: The vapor pressure of the solution increases
5. Which of the following is caused by the addition of a non-volatile solute to a solvent?
a) Reduction in equilibrium of vapor pressure of solution
b) Increase in melting point of the solution
c) Decrease in the boiling point of the solution
d) Osmosis of solute in the solution
Answer: Reduction in equilibrium of vapor pressure of solution
6. What does the vapor pressure of solvent containing a non-volatile solute, in a closed system directly vary with?
a) Mole fraction of solute
b) Mole fraction of solvent
c) Molarity of solute
d) Molarity of solvent
Answer: Mole fraction of solvent
7. What phenomenon occurs when a solution’s equilibrium vapor pressure equals the surrounding atmospheric pressure?
8. What is the boiling point of water?
a) 100 °F
b) 671.67 °R
c) 373 °C
d) 212 °r
Answer: 671.67 °R
9. “Total pressure of gas mixture is the sum of individual pressures”. Which law is reflected in this statement?
a) Amagat’s law
b) Raoult’s law
c) Dalton’s law
d) Henry’s law
Answer: Dalton’s law