These Surface Chemistry Important Questions (Catalysis) are useful for the students of NEET, AIIMS, JEE, and other entrance examinations.
Surface Chemistry Important Questions (Catalysis)
1. Which of the following decreases the rate of reactions?
a) Catalytic promoters
b) Homogeneous catalyst
c) Catalytic poison
d) Heterogeneous catalyst
Answer: Catalytic poison
2. Which of the following is used as a catalyst for the following reaction?
CH3COOC2H5 + H2O ——–> CH3COOH + C2H5OH
b) Hydrochloric acid
c) Sulphuric acid
d) Nitrous acid
Answer: Hydrochloric acid
3. What is the amount of intermediate formed when initial amount is 300 and final amount is 700?
4. Which of the following statements is not correct?
a) The efficiency of a solid catalyst depends upon its surface area
b) Catalyst operates by providing alternate path for the reaction that involves a lower energy of activation
c) Catalyst lowers the energy of activation of the forward reaction without affecting the energy or activation of the backward reaction
d) Catalyst does not affect the overall enthalpy change of the reaction
Answer: Catalyst lowers the energy of activation of the forward reaction without affecting the energy or activation of the backward reaction
5. Which of the following statements is not correct?
a) Catalyst is not involved in the reaction
b) The concentration of a catalyst remains constant throughout the progress of chemical reaction
c) The mechanism of catalytic reactions may vary from reaction to reaction
d) NO acts as a homogenous catalyst in the oxidation of SO2 to SO3
Answer: Catalyst is not involved in the reaction
6. Which of the following does it increase the rate of catalyst?
a) Decreasing Ea
b) Increasing Ea
c) Increasing pressure
d) Increasing entropy
Answer: Decreasing Ea
7. Which of the following is present at the time of cracking of hydrocarbons?
8. How does a catalyst change during a reaction?
9. Which of the following does not occur at the interface of phase?
b) Heterogeneous catalysis
c) Homogeneous catalysis
Answer: Homogeneous catalysis
10. Promoter decreases the activity of catalyst.
|Surface Chemistry Question (Colloids Around Us)|
|Surface Chemistry MCQ (Colloids Classification)|
|Surface Chemistry Class 12 Important Questions (Colloids)|
|MCQ On Surface Chemistry (Emulsions)|
|Surface Chemistry Important Questions With Answers (Adsorption)|
Categories: Surface Chemistry