General Principles And Processes Of Isolation Of Elements Important Questions PDF is very important for NEET, JEE as well as AIIMS exam. This is because it has many questions based on isolation of elements like hydrogen, chlorine, bromine and iodine from their respective mixtures. It tests your ability to isolate these elements through tests like vaporization, electrolysis and bulb method.
General Principles And Processes Of Isolation Of Elements Important Questions PDF (Oxidation Reduction)
1. Which of the following is a product formed during the electrolysis of brine?
2. Which of the following is a complex formed during the extraction of silver via leaching?
3. What is the process used to recover the metal from its soluble complex obtained after leaching?
d) It cannot be obtained
4. Which of the following is used to reduce the metal complexes obtained during leaching process?
5. Which of the following processes involves the dissolution of the ore in a suitable reagent followed by precipitation of the metal by a more reactive metal?
a) Froth floatation
Answer: Froth floatation
6. Which of the following metals cannot be extracted via hydrometallurgy?
7. Leaching process is an oxidation reaction.
8. Non-metals are extracted by oxidation.
9. Which of the following is chlorine isolated from by oxidation?
a) The atmosphere
10. What is the voltage at which electrolysis of brine takes place?
a) < 2.2 V
b) > 2.2 V
c) 2.2 V
d) Brine cannot be electrolysed
Answer: > 2.2 V