NEET Questions On General Principles And Processes Of Isolation Of Elements are very important for NEET, JEE as well as AIIMS exam. This is because it has many questions based on isolation of elements like hydrogen, chlorine, bromine and iodine from their respective mixtures. It tests your ability to isolate these elements through tests like vaporization, electrolysis and bulb method.
NEET Questions On General Principles And Processes Of Isolation Of Elements (Uses of Aluminium, Copper, Zinc and Iron)
1. In thermite process, what is the reducing agent used?
2. What type of extraction is the carbon monoxide reduction process used for?
3. Which of the following is present in aluminium bronze alloy?
4. In invar, what is the composition of iron and nickel?
a) Fe-64%, Ni-36%
b) Ni-68%, Fe-32%
c) Fe-36%, Ni-64%
d) Fe-62%, Ne-38%
Answer: Fe-64%, Ni-36%
5. What is the name of the alloy of copper called which contains a composition of 30-35% of zinc?
6. Cast iron is the most important form of iron.
7. Which metal is used for making water and steam pipes?
8. Which metal is used for galvanising iron?
9. Zinc dust is used as a reducing agent in the manufacture of paints.
10. Which of the following metals is a good conductor of electricity and conducts electricity twice as much as the other elements?