Questions On General Principles And Processes Of Isolation Of Elements are very important for NEET, JEE as well as AIIMS exam. This is because it has many questions based on isolation of elements like hydrogen, chlorine, bromine and iodine from their respective mixtures. It tests your ability to isolate these elements through tests like vaporization, electrolysis and bulb method.
Questions On General Principles And Processes Of Isolation Of Elements (Refining)
1. Which of the following processes is used to purify lead?
c) Electrolytic refining
d) Zone refining
2. What is the anode made up of in electrolytic refining?
a) Impure metal
b) The metal ore
c) Pure metal
d) Double salt of metal
Answer: Impure metal
3. What is the purity range for copper obtained from electrolytic refining?
4. Which of the following is an electrolyte used during the electrolytic refining of copper?
a) Copper sulphate solution
b) Copper sulphate solution acidified with sulphuric acid
c) Sulphuric acid
d) Copper chloride
Answer: Copper sulphate solution acidified with sulphuric acid
5. Which of the following is not refined by zone refining method?
6. Why is zone refining carried out in an inert atmosphere?
a) To prevent reduction of metal
b) To prevent oxidation of metal
c) To reduce the external pressure
d) To reduce the external temperature
Answer: To prevent oxidation of metal
7. Zone refining is also called fractional crystallization.
8. Refining is not an important process in metallurgy.
9. Which of the following is not an impurity generally present in crude metals?
a) Other metals
c) Unreacted oxides
d) Pine oil
Answer: Pine oil
10. Which of the following metals cannot be refined by distillation?