D and F Block Elements JEE Mains Questions (Lanthanoids) for NEET, JEE, AIIMS, JIPMER. Here you will find multiple choice questions of D and F block. These questions are useful for NEET exam preparation. Most of the time these questions revolve around GATE but what about the other exams. Here is a comprehensive list of D and F Block NEET Questions which you can use to practice for any competitive exam
D and F Block Elements JEE Mains Questions (Lanthanoids)
1. Which of the following is not a consequence of lanthanide contraction?
a) From La+3 to Lu+3, the ionic radii changes from 106 pm to 85 pm
b) As the size of the lanthanide ions decreases the basic strength increases
c) The basic character of oxides and hydroxides decreases with increase in atomic number
d) The atomic radii of 4d and 5d series is similar
2. What is the most common oxidation state of lanthanides?
3. In lanthanides, Ce changes from +4 to +3 oxidation state.
4. Which of the following is not a property of lanthanides?
a) They are soft metals with white silvery color
b) They tarnish rapidly by air
c) The hardness of the metals increases with increase in the atomic number
d) The melting point of the metal ranges from 500-1000K
5. Which of the following lanthanide ions do not exhibit color?
a) Lu+3 and Ln+3
b) Lu+2 and Ln+2
c) Ce+3 and Ce+3
d) Pr+4 and Ce+4
6. Which of the following is the correct order of arrangement of the first five lanthanides according to atomic number?
a) La, Ce, Pr, Nd, Pm
b) La, Pr, Ce, Pm, Nd
c) La, Pr, Ce, Nd, Pm
d) La, Ce, Pr, Pm, Nd
7. Which is the last element of lanthanides?
8. The lanthanides are d-block elements.
9. What is the general electronic configuration of the lanthanides?
a) (n-2)f 1-14 (n-1)d 1-10 ns2
b) (n-2)f 1-14 (n-1)d 1-2 ns2
c) (n-2)f 1-14 (n-1)d 0-1 ns2
d) (n-2)f 1-14 (n-1)d 0 ns2
10. What happens to the atomic size of the lanthanides with increase in atomic number?
a) The radius remains unchanged
b) The radius decreases
c) The radius increases
d) The radius first increases and then decreases
Categories: D and F Block Elements