D and F Block NEET Questions (Electronic Configurations of the D-Block Elements) for NEET, JEE, AIIMS, JIPMER. Here you will find multiple choice questions of D and F block. These questions are useful for NEET exam preparation. Most of the time these questions revolve around GATE but what about the other exams. Here is a comprehensive list of D and F Block NEET Questions which you can use to practice for any competitive exam
D and F Block JEE Mains Questions (General Properties of the Transition Elements)
1. Which of the following is not a property of a transition metal?
a) They are lustrous
b) They are malleable
c) They are ductile
d) They have low boiling points
2. What type of bond do the transition elements form with themselves?
a) Ionic bond
b) Covalent bond
c) Coordinate bond
d) Metallic bond
3. Which of the following is not a very hard metal?
4. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
a) Manganese has an abnormally low boiling point
b) Transition elements have low enthalpies of atomisation
c) Transition elements exhibit metallic bonding
d) Transition metals generally have a high boiling point
5. Which of the following element has the highest density among transition metals?
6. Which of the following element has the highest ionisation enthalpy?
7. The decrease in atomic size of the d-block elements in a series is small after midway.
8. The d-electrons affect the properties of the transition elements to a great extent.
9. Why is there an increase in the atomic radius of transition elements at the end of the period?
a) Increased electron-electron repulsions
b) Decreased electron-electron repulsions
c) Increase in nuclear charge
d) Increase in atomic mass
10. Which of the following is why the atomic radii of the second and third transition series are almost same?
a) Actinoid contraction
b) Radioactive nature
c) Lanthanoid contraction
d) Filled d-orbital