D and F Block NEET Questions for NEET, JEE, AIIMS, JIPMER. Here you will find multiple choice questions of D and F block. These questions are useful for NEET exam preparation. Most of the time these questions revolve around GATE but what about the other exams. Here is a comprehensive list of D and F Block NEET Questions which you can use to practice for any competitive exam
D and F Block NEET Questions (Electronic Configurations of the D-Block Elements)
1. What is the oxidation state exhibited by actinium?
2. Where does the last electron of d-block element go?
3. Why does Zinc not show variable valency?
a) Complete ‘d’ subshell
b) Inert pair effect
c) 4s2 subshell
d) 4s3 subshell
Answer: Complete ‘d’ subshell
4. What is the common oxidation state of scandium? (At. No. of Sc = 21)
5. Among d-block elements, the most abundant element belongs to the first transition state.
6. Which of the following statement is correct?
a) The properties of various actinoids are very similar
b) 4f and 5f orbitals are equally shielded
c) D-block elements show irregular and erratic chemical properties
d) 4d and 5d orbitals are equally shielded
Answer: D-block elements show irregular and erratic chemical properties
7. The main factor for the cause of lanthanide contraction is poorer shielding of 5d electrons by 4f electrons.
8. Which of the following are d-block elements, but not regarded as transition elements?
a) Ru, Ag, Au
b) Zn, Ru, Pd
c) Zn, Cd, Hg
d) Cd, Rh, Pd
Answer: Zn, Cd, Hg
9. Why do transition elements form alloys so easily?
a) Atomic size
b) Orbital configuration
c) Very light
d) Hard elements
Answer: Atomic size
10. Which of the following has the highest atomic number?