P Block Class 11 NEET Questions (Simple Oxides) are very important for NEET, JEE as well as AIIMS exam. These P Block Elements Class 12 Important Questions will help you to score more marks. These P Block Class 11 NEET Questions (Simple Oxides) will be very useful for those students who are preparing with complete devotion and hard work.
P Block Class 11 NEET Questions (Simple Oxides)
1. What is the starting substance fed into the electrolytic cell in Hall-Heroult process?
b) Sodium hydroxide
c) Aluminum hydroxide
2. What is the primary constituent of sand?
a) Silicon tetroxide
3. Before subjecting Mg ribbons to flame, it is rubbed with sandpaper. Why?
a) To increase surface area for combustion
b) To increase roughness of surface
c) To remove oxide layer
d) To remove moisture
Answer: To remove oxide layer
4. What product is formed when iron metal is dipped into concentrated nitric acid?
a) Iron (III) nitrate + NO2
b) Iron (II) nitrate + NO
c) Iron (III) oxide
d) Iron (III) nitrite
Answer: Iron (III) oxide
5. Which of the following processes involves heating a carbonate ore to form metal oxide?
c) Ore Reduction
6. Which of the following metals does not react with hot water to form an oxide?
7. What is formed when amphoteric oxides react with an alkali solution?
a) Salt only
b) No reaction
d) Salt and water
Answer: Salt and water
8. What type of oxides is formed by metals?
a) Oxides with pH = 7
b) Oxides with pH > -log10[1 x 10-7]
c) Oxides with pH <= -log10[1 x 10-7]
d) Amphoteric oxides
Answer: Oxides with pH > -log10[1 x 10-7]
9. What type of oxides is formed by non-metals?
a) Oxides with pH <=7
b) Amphoteric oxides
c) Oxides with pH > 7
d) Oxides which are acidic
Answer: Oxides which are acidic
10. Which of the following can classified as an amphoteric oxide?
a) Iron (III) oxide
b) Zinc oxide
c) Mercury (II) oxide
Answer: Zinc oxide