P Block Elements Class 12 MCQ (Hydrogen Chloride) are very important for NEET, JEE as well as AIIMS exam. These P Block Elements Class 12 Important Questions will help you to score more marks. These P Block Elements Class 12 MCQ (Hydrogen Chloride) will be very useful for those students who are preparing with complete devotion and hard work.
P Block Elements Class 12 MCQ (Hydrogen Chloride)
1. Which of the following is formed in the first stage of the ‘salt cake’ method?
a) Sodium sulphate
b) Sodium bisulphate
c) Sodium Chloride
Answer: Sodium bisulphate
2. Which of the following can be used to dry HCl gas?
a) Sodium hydroxide
b) Potassium hydroxide
c) Ammonium hydroxide
d) Concentrated sulphuric acid
Answer: Concentrated sulphuric acid
3. What is the boiling point of hydrogen chloride?
a) 168 K
b) 189 K
c) 198 K
d) 150 K
Answer: 189 K
4. Which of the following does not react with hydrochloric acid to give chlorine as a product?
5. Which of the following reacts with hydrochloric acid to give hydrogen as a product?
b) Sodium carbonate
c) Sodium sulphate
d) Sodium nitrate
6. Which of the following is hydrochloric acid not used for?
a) Manufacture of metal chlorides
b) Preparing TNT
c) Preparation of aqua regia
d) Extracting glue from bones
Answer: Preparing TNT
7. Hydrogen chloride can be obtained from the heavy organic chemical industry.
8. Hydrogen chloride is manufactured by the ‘salt cake’ method.
9. Which of the following scientists first prepared hydrogen chloride by heating common salt with sulphuric acid?
a) Rudolf Glauber
b) Joseph Priestley
c) Humphry Davy
d) Antoine Lavoisier
Answer: Rudolf Glauber
10. How many stages is the ‘salt cake’ method performed in?
|P Block Important Questions (Group 15 Elements)|
|P Block NEET Questions (Dinitrogen)|
|P Block Elements NEET Questions (Ammonia)|
|P Block JEE Mains Questions (Oxides of Nitrogen)|
|P Block Previous Year Questions JEE Mains (Nitric Acid)|