P Block Elements Class 12 Questions And Answers (Oxoacids of Sulphur) are very important for NEET, JEE as well as AIIMS exam. These P Block Elements Class 12 Important Questions will help you to score more marks. These P Block Elements Class 12 Questions And Answers (Oxoacids of Sulphur) will be very useful for those students who are preparing with complete devotion and hard work.
P Block Elements Class 12 Questions And Answers (Oxoacids of Sulphur)
1. What is the pH of 1mM concentrated sulfuric acid?
2. Which of the following oxoacid sulfur is known not to bear any acid salt?
a) Sulfuric acid
b) Thiosulfuric acid
c) Sulfonic acid
d) Dithionic acid
Answer: Dithionic acid
3. Which of the following is also referred to as ‘Marshall’s acid’?
4. Why is sulfur trioxide not dissolved in water and but treated with existing sulfuric acid?
a) It is not economically feasible
b) Manufacturing plants cannot withstand the great pressure of dissolving sulfur trioxide in water
c) Sulfur trioxide just hydrates on dissolving with no chemical bonds form
d) The heat of dissolution is very high and potentially dangerous
Answer: The heat of dissolution is very high and potentially dangerous
5. What is the primary product when carbon is treated with concentrated sulfuric acid?
a) Carbon dioxide
b) Carbon monoxide
c) Carbon sulfate
d) Carbon sulfide
Answer: Carbon dioxide
6. What is the acidity of peroxodisulfuric acid?
d) Does not exist
Answer: Does not exist
7. What is the basicity of oleum?
8. In the contact process, SO2 is passed twice through the catalytic converted. Why?
a) To produce less while converting to SO3
b) Since the energy and power consumed is less
c) To increase the yield
d) To avoid choking hazards
Answer: To increase the yield
9. Which of the following conditions is the most suitable for manufacture of sulfuric acid in contact process?
a) High temperature and high pressure
b) Low temperature and high pressure
c) High pressure and low temperature
d) Low pressure and low temperature
Answer: Low temperature and high pressure
10. In the 17th century, Johann Glauber first prepared sulfuric acid by burning sulfur with potassium nitrate with steam. A famous salt was then called to be Glauber’s salt. Which of the following is it?
a) Potassium nitrate
b) Potassium sulfate
c) Sodium sulfate
d) Potassium hydroxide
Answer: Sodium sulfate
11. Which oxoacid of sulfur is commonly used for disinfecting swimming pools as well as delignification of wood?
a) Sulfuric acid
b) Peroxydisulfuric acid
c) Sulfoxylic acid
d) Peroxymonosulfuric acid
Answer: Peroxymonosulfuric acid
12. What class of compounds do the oxygen based compounds of sulfur represent?
c) Neutral oxides
13. Which of the following is the most popular oxoacid of sulfur?
a) Sulfurous acid
b) Sulfuric acid
c) Peroxodisulfuric acid
d) Pyrosulfuric acid
Answer: Sulfuric acid
14. Which of the following is produced third in the contact process?
a) Sulfur dioxide
b) Sulfur trioxide
c) Pyrosulfuric acid
d) Sulfuric acid
Answer: Pyrosulfuric acid