P Block Elements MCQ (Chlorine) are very important for NEET, JEE as well as AIIMS exam. These P Block Elements Class 12 Important Questions will help you to score more marks. These P Block Elements MCQ (Chlorine) will be very useful for those students who are preparing with complete devotion and hard work.
P Block Elements MCQ (Chlorine)
1. When excess chlorine reacts with methane in presence of sunlight, which is the major product?
a) Refrigerant – 40
b) Methylene chloride
d) Carbon tetrachloride
Answer: Carbon tetrachloride
2. Which of the following is a suitable test to identify presence of chlorine atoms or ions?
a) Acidify the given compound and add silver nitrate
b) Add silver nitrate followed by warming the solution
c) Heat the compound strongly
d) Smell the compound
Answer: Acidify the given compound and add silver nitrate
3. Why is chlorine bubbled through water during the latter’s treatment?
a) To remove foul odor
b) To kill microorganisms
c) To improve taste
d) To remove hardness
Answer: To kill microorganisms
4. What is the electronic configuration of chloride?
5. How is chlorine gas manufactured industrially?
a) Deacon process
b) Ostwald process
c) Chlor-alkali process
d) Haber process
Answer: Chlor-alkali process
6. Hydrogen chloride as an acid is much stronger than hydrogen fluoride under the same conditions. True or False?
7. Which of the following is a result of bubbling hydrogen chloride gas through gas?
a) H– + Cl–
b) H+ + Cl2-
c) H3O+ + Cl–
d) H+ + Cl–
Answer: H3O+ + Cl–
8. What will be the result of subjecting a blue litmus to chlorine gas?
a) Turn to red only
b) Remain blue
c) Turn to white finally
d) Turn white in the first go
Answer: Turn to white finally
9. To which group does chlorine element belong?
b) Pre inert
10. Which of the following is the displays the most basic nature in water?
11. What is the molecular mass of chlorine?
a) 71.0 kg/kmole
b) 35.5 g/kmole
c) 71.0 g/kmole
d) 35.5 kg/mole
Answer: 71.0 kg/kmole
12. Which of the following would instantly react with chlorine?
13. What is the color of chlorine?
a) Yellow grey
b) Greenish brown
c) Green yellow
Answer: Green yellow
|P Block Elements Class 12 MCQ (Hydrogen Chloride)|
|Important Questions From P Block Elements Class 12 (Oxoacids of Halogens)|
|P Block MCQ (Interhalogen Compounds)|
|Important Questions Of P Block Class 12 (Group 18 Elements)|