P Block Important Questions (Group 15 Elements) are very important for NEET, JEE as well as AIIMS exam. These P Block Important Questions (Group 15 Elements) will be very useful for those students who are preparing with complete devotion and hard work.
P Block Important Questions (Group 15 Elements)
1. Why does nitrogen show poor tendency towards catenation?
a) N atom can form multiple pπ – pπ bonds
b) Octet of N2 is complete unlike carbon
c) The N ≡ N is unreactive at room temperature
d) The N – N single bond is weaker and unstable
Answer: The N – N single bond is weaker and unstable
2. What is the primary product of Haber-Bosch process?
b) Nitric acid
c) Nitrous acid
3. Which gas is released when copper chips are subjected to concentrated nitric acid?
a) Nitrogen (I) oxide
b) Nitrogen (II) oxide
c) Nitrogen (III) oxide
d) Nitrogen (IV) oxide
Answer: Nitrogen (IV) oxide
4. What shape is the HNO3 molecule in its gaseous state?
d) See Saw
5. Which of the following ions is the brown ring test useful for determining?
6. What catalyst is used for oxidation of ammonia to produce nitric acid?
a) Palladium hydride
b) Sodium amalgam
c) Platinum-Rhodium gauze
d) Vanadium (V) oxide
Answer: Platinum-Rhodium gauze
7. What is the oxidation state of nitrogen in di-nitrogen trioxide?
8. Which of the following represents the general electronic configuration of an element belonging to the p-block of the periodic table?
a) (n-2)f0(n-1)d0ns2 np0 -6
b) (n-2)f0(n-1)d1 – 10 ns2 np1- 6
c) (n-2)f0(n-1)d0 ns2np1-6
d) (n-2)f1- 14(n-1)d1- 10ns2np1- 6
Answer: (n-2)f0(n-1)d0 ns2np1-6
9. What happens to the size of atoms of elements of p-block as we move from left to right in the same period?
a) Size increases
b) Size decreases
c) Size does not change
d) Size increases then decreases
Answer: Size decreases
10. What is the maximum covalency of the nitrogen atom?
Categories: P Block Elements