P Block JEE Advanced Questions (Phosphorus Halides) are very important for NEET, JEE as well as AIIMS exam. These P Block Elements Class 12 Important Questions will help you to score more marks. These P Block JEE Advanced Questions (Phosphorus Halides) will be very useful for those students who are preparing with complete devotion and hard work.
P Block JEE Advanced Questions (Phosphorus Halides)
1. Which of the following is most stable?
2. What is the hybridization of phosphorus in PCl5?
3. How does PCl5 exist in its solid state?
4. What is the liquid product formed on decomposition of PCl5?
d) No liquid product is formed
5. Which of the following is not formed on hydrolysis of PCl5?
6. What type of agent is PCl5 when it reacts with H2?
a) Reducing agent
b) Oxidising agent
c) Both reducing and oxidising
d) Neither reducing nor oxidising
Answer: Oxidising agent
7. Phosphorus trichloride does not react with Grignard reagents.
8. Phosphorus trichloride reacts violently with water.
9. Which of the following reacts with PCl3 to form PCl5?
10. Which of the following statement regarding PCl3 is false?
a) PCl3 forms metal chlorides on heating with finely divided metals
b) PCl3 does not react with organic compounds
c) PCl3 is a colourless pungent smelling liquid
d) PCl3 boils at 347 K
Answer: PCl3 does not react with organic compounds