P Block MCQ For NEET (Oxoacids of Phosphorus) are very important for NEET, JEE as well as AIIMS exam. These P Block Elements Class 12 Important Questions will help you to score more marks. These P Block MCQ For NEET (Oxoacids of Phosphorus) will be very useful for those students who are preparing with complete devotion and hard work.
P Block MCQ For NEET (Oxoacids of Phosphorus)
1. How many P-H bonds does hypophosphorous acid contain?
2. What is the basicity of pyrophosphoric acid?
3. What is the total number of atoms or groups surrounding each phosphorus atom in its oxoacids?
4. What is the oxidation state of phosphorus in hypophosphoric acid?
5. What is the temperature at which orthophosphoric acid forms pyrophosphoric acid?
a) 673 K
b) 523 K
c) 423 K
d) 700 K
Answer: 523 K
6. Which of the following compounds contain phosphorus with an oxidation state of +5?
a) Peroxodiphosphoric acid
b) Hypophosphorous acid
c) Orthophosphorous acid
d) Hypophosphoric acid
Answer: Peroxodiphosphoric acid
7. Orthophosphorous acid can be made from phosphorous trioxide.
8. Phosphorus does not form oxoacids.
9. What is the range of the oxidation states shown by phosphorus in its oxoacids?
a) +1 to +3
b) +2 to +4
c) +1 to +2
d) +1 to +5
Answer: +1 to +5
10. Which of the following is incorrect about Hypophosphorous acid?
a) It is also called phosphonic acid
b) The oxidation state of phosphorus is +1
c) It is monobasic
d) It is represented by the formula H3PO2
Answer: It is also called phosphonic acid