P Block Previous Year Questions JEE Mains (Nitric Acid) are very important for NEET, JEE as well as AIIMS exam. These P Block Elements Class 12 Important Questions will help you to score more marks. These P Block Previous Year Questions JEE Mains (Nitric Acid) will be very useful for those students who are preparing with complete devotion and hard work.
P Block Previous Year Questions JEE Mains (Nitric Acid)
1. What is the name of the industrial process to manufacture nitric acid?
a) Contact process
b) Haber-Bosch process
c) Solvay process
d) Ostwald’s process
Answer: Ostwald’s process
2. What is the catalyst used in the industrial manufacture of nitric acid?
a) Powdered iron (III) oxide
b) Vanadium (V) oxide
c) Zinc-mercury amalgam
d) Platinum-Rhodium gauze sheet
Answer: Platinum-Rhodium gauze sheet
3. What is the nitric acid – water composition by mass, respectively, for the components to form an azeotrope?
a) 70% – 30%
b) 68% – 32%
c) 30% – 70%
d) 32% – 68%
Answer: 68% – 32%
4. Which of these gases is released upon treating zinc with diluted and then concentrated nitric acid?
a) Nitrogen dioxide and nitrous oxide
b) Nitric oxide and nitrous oxide
c) Nitrous oxide and nitrogen dioxide
d) Nitrous oxide and nitric oxide
Answer: Nitrous oxide and nitrogen dioxide
5. What product(s) is/are formed when aluminum metal is treated with concentrated nitric acid?
a) Al (NO3) 3
b) Al (NO2) 3 + H2
Answer: Iodic acid
6. Which reagent is predominantly used in pickling of stainless steel?
a) Iodic acid
b) Nitric acid
c) Phosphoric acid
d) Sulfuric acid
Answer: Iodic acid
7. How many moles of nitric acid is required to convert 1 mole of sulfur to sulfuric acid?
8. Which of the following is not an oxo-acid of nitrogen?
a) Hyponitric acid
b) Hyponitrous acid
c) Nitrous acid
d) Nitric acid
Answer: Hyponitric acid
9. Which of the following is true regarding nitric acid?
a) It is a strong reducing agent
b) It is a weak oxidizing agent
c) Its basicity is unity
d) It is non-planar in gaseous state
Answer: It is a weak oxidizing agent
10. Which of the following reactions best represents lab scale preparation of nitric acid?
a) 3HNO2 ? HNO3 + H2O + 2NO
b) NO2 + O2 ? NO3
c) NaNO3 + H2SO4 ? NaHSO4 + HNO3
d) 3NO2 + H2O ? 2HNO3 + NO
Answer: NaNO3 + H2SO4 ? NaHSO4 + HNO3