Alcohol Phenol And Ether are most important to understand for various competitive exams. These Alcohol, Phenol, Ether MCQ are most asked in the most competitive exams i.e., IIT, JEE, NEET, AIIMS etc. Basically they are most important for all the pre-medical exams so it is most important to learn the Alcohol, Phenol, Ether MCQ.
Alcohol, Phenol, Ether MCQ with FREE PDF (Structures of Functional Groups)
1. Which of the following is not a correct reason for the C-O bond length in phenol to be less than that in methanol?
a) Partial double bond character of C-O bond
b) Conjugation of lone pair of electrons with the aromatic ring
c) sp2 hybridised sate of carbon of C-O bond
d) Repulsion between the electron lone pairs of oxygen
Answer: Repulsion between the electron lone pairs of oxygen
2. If the dipole moment of methanol is 1.71D, predict the dipole moment of phenol.
3. The C-O-C bond angle in ethers is _______
a) lesser than 109.5°
c) greater than 109.5°
Answer: greater than 109.5°
4. How many lone pairs of electrons does O atom have in methanol?
5. What is the value of C-O-H bond angle in phenol?
6. If A and B are the C-O bond lengths in methanol and phenol respectively, what is the relationship between A and B?