Coordination Compounds are most important to understand for various competitive exams. These Coordination Chemistry MCQ With Answers are most asked in the most competitive exams i.e., IIT, JEE, NEET, AIIMS etc. Basically they are most important for all the pre-medical exams so it is most important to learn the MCQ on coordination compounds.
Coordination Chemistry MCQ With Answers with FREE PDF (Stability)
1. If β is the formation constant, then the instability constant = ________
a) 1 – β
b) β – 1
2. For a particular complex, the dissociation equilibrium constant is given as 2.3 x 10-9. What will be the overall stability constant for this complex?
a) 4.35 x 10-10
b) 4.35 x 1010
c) 4.35 x 10-8
d) 4.35 x 108
Answer: 4.35 x 108
3. Two complexes A and B have dissociation constants 1.0 x 10-12 and 4.7 x 10-14 respectively. Which complex will be more stable?
c) Both are equally stable
d) Cannot be determined
4. The degree of ________ between the metal ion and the ligand directly influences the stability of the complex in solution.
5. How are the stepwise stability constants (K) related to the overall stability constant (β)?
a) βn = K1 + K2 + …. + Kn
b) βn = K1 x K2 x … x Kn
c) βn = logK1 + logK2 + …. + logKn
d) βn = 1/(K1 + K2 + …. + Kn)
Answer: βn = K1 x K2 x … x Kn
6. If the values of stepwise stability constants for a series of successive reactions are logK1 = 4, logK2 = 3.2, logK3 = 2.7 and logK4 = 2, what is the value of β4?
b) 7.94 x 1011
c) 1.47 x 105
Answer: 7.94 x 1011
Coordination Compounds MCQs PDF Download
Categories: Coordination Compounds