Alcohol Phenol And Ether are most important to understand for various competitive exams. These MCQ On Alcohol Phenol And Ether are most asked in the most competitive exams i.e., IIT, JEE, NEET, AIIMS etc. Basically they are most important for all the pre-medical exams so it is most important to learn the MCQ On Alcohol Phenol And Ether.
MCQ On Alcohol, Phenol And Ether with FREE PDF (Ethers)
1. What is the major product of bromination of anisole in ethanoic acid?
2. Identify the major product of Friedel-Crafts acylation of anisole with ethanoyl chloride?
3. 4-Nitroanisole is obtained as the major product when anisole reacts with _____
a) concentrated H2SO4
b) concentrated HNO3
c) mixture of concentrated H2SO4 and HNO3
d) mixture of dilute H2SO4 and HNO3
Answer: mixture of concentrated H2SO4 and HNO3
4. Which of the following is the least reactive functional group?
5. One molecule of dialkyl ether produces how many molecules of alkyl halides with excess of halogen acid?
6. Sodium methoxide on heating with bromoethane gives __________
d) diethyl ether
7. The reaction between tert-Butyl chloride and sodium ethoxide gives _______
a) tert-Butyl ethyl ether
b) tert-Butyl methyl ether
8. The boiling point of ethers is ______ the boiling point of alcohols of comparable molecular mass.
a) lower than
b) similar to
c) little higher than
d) much higher than
Answer: lower than
9. Which of the following is the most suitable requirement for the dehydration of ethanol to form an ether?
a) Sulphuric acid at 413K
b) Sulphuric acid at 443K
c) Sodium hydroxide at 413K
d) Sodium hydroxide at 443K
Answer: Sulphuric acid at 413K
10. Which of the following is not favourable for the proper dehydration of alcohol to form ether?
a) Good temperature control during reaction
b) Excess of alcohol
c) Presence of protic acids
d) Presence of bulky alkyl groups in the alcohol
Answer: Presence of bulky alkyl groups in the alcohol
11. What is the major product formed when ethanol is dehydrated with concentrated H2SO4 at 413K?
MCQ On Alcohol Phenol And Ether PDF Download
Categories: Alcohol Phenol And Ether