Aldehyde Ketone And Carboxylic Acid Questions PDF contains the most important Multiple Choice Questions for NEET, JEE, AIIMS and other medical exams. It has been designed to improve the concepts of CBSE students so that they can clear these competitive exams. These MCQs have been prepared in a systematic manner. For revising a topic it is a good resource for students.
Aldehyde Ketone And Carboxylic Acid Questions PDF (Preparation of Aldehydes and Ketones)
1. What is the catalyst used in the hydrogenation of acetyl chloride to produce ethanal?
a) Pt over BaSO4
b) Pt over CuSO4
c) Pd over BaSO4
d) Pd over CuSO4
Answer: Pd over BaSO4
2. Which of the following carbonyl compounds can be prepared from Rosenmund reaction?
3. Which of the following is required in Stephen reaction?
4. Which of the following compounds helps in reducing esters to aldehydes?
5. Identify the reagent(s) for the conversion of chlorobenzene to 3-chlorobenzaldehyde.
a) CrO3 and (CH3CO)2O
b) CrO2Cl2; H2O
c) Cl2/hv; H2O
d) CO, HCl and CuCl
Answer: CO, HCl and CuCl
6. Acetyl chloride reacts with _______ to give butan-2-one.
a) cadmium chloride
b) methyl magnesium chloride
c) dimethyl cadmium
d) diethyl cadmium
Answer: diethyl cadmium
7. What is formed after the hydrolysis of the product of the reaction between benzonitrile and methyl magnesium bromide in dry ether?
a) Phenyl acetaldehyde
8. Identify the reagent for the conversion of but-2-ene to ethanal.
a) O3/H2O-Zn dust
b) H2O, H2SO4, HgSO4
Answer: O3/H2O-Zn dust
9. Which of the following reactions does not give benzaldehyde?
a) Rosenmund reaction
b) Etard reaction
c) Gatterman-Koch reaction
d) Friedel-Craft acylation reaction
Answer: Friedel-Craft acylation reaction
10. Which of the following methods cannot produce aldehydes?
a) Oxidation of primary alcohols
b) Dehydrogenation of secondary alcohols
c) Ozonolysis of alkenes
d) Hydration of ethyne with acid
Answer: Dehydrogenation of secondary alcohols