Aldehydes Ketones And Carboxylic Acids Intext Solutions contains the most important Multiple Choice Questions for NEET, JEE, AIIMS and other medical exams. It has been designed to improve the concepts of CBSE students so that they can clear these competitive exams. These MCQs have been prepared in a systematic manner. For revising a topic it is a good resource for students.
Aldehydes Ketones And Carboxylic Acids Intext Solutions (Methods of Carboxylic Acids Preparation)
1. Which of the following pairs do not give the same compound on heating with alkaline potassium permanganate?
a) Toluene and propyl benzene
b) Toluene and n-Butyl benzene
c) Propyl benzene and isopropyl benzene
d) o-Xylene and n-Butyl benzene
2. p-Xylene on reaction with acidified potassium dichromate at high temperature gives ________
a) benzoic acid
b) phthalic acid
c) terephthalic acid
d) no reaction
2. Which of the following cannot be converted to benzoic acid on reaction with KMnO4-KOH followed by H3O+?
a) Ethyl benzene
4. How can methyl magnesium bromide be converted to propanoic acid?
a) Jones reagent
b) KMnO4-KOH; heat
c) H3O+; heat
d) CO2-dry ether; H3o+
5. 3-Chlorophenyl magnesium bromide on reaction with dry ice followed by acidification in mineral acid gives _________
b) 3-Chlorophenylethanoic acid
d) 3-Chlorobenzoic acid
6. Benzoic ethanoic anhydride on hydrolysis gives __________
a) benzoic acid and methanoic acid
b) benzoic acid and ethanoic acid
c) phenylethanoic acid and methanoic acid
d) no products
7. Ethanoyl chloride on hydrolysis with aqueous NaOH gives _______
a) acetate ion
b) acetic acid
c) propanoic acid
d) no reaction
8. The final product(s) of basic hydrolysis followed by acidification of ethyl butanoate is _______
a) ethanoic acid
b) butanoic acid
c) ethanoic acid and butanoic acid
d) butanoic acid and ethanol
9. Which of the following is known as Jones reagent?
a) KMnO4 in alkaline medium
b) CrO3 in H2SO4
c) K2Cr2O7 in acidic medium
d) KMnO4 in H2SO4
10. Benzoic acid is obtained from the oxidation of _______ with alkaline KMnO4 followed by treatment with mineral acid.
d) benzyl alcohol