Aldehydes Ketones And Carboxylic Acids NEET Questions contains the most important Multiple Choice Questions for NEET, JEE, AIIMS and other medical exams. It has been designed to improve the concepts of CBSE students so that they can clear these competitive exams. These MCQs have been prepared in a systematic manner. For revising a topic it is a good resource for students.
Aldehydes Ketones And Carboxylic Acids NEET Questions (Aldehydes and Ketones Chemical Reactions)
1. What is the correct order of reactivity of the following towards nucleophilic addition?
a) Methanal > Ethanal > Acetone
b) Acetone > Ethanal > Methanal
c) Methanal > Acetone > Ethanal
d) Ethanal > Methanal > Acetone
2. Which of the following is least reactive towards a nucleophilic attack?
c) Diisopropyl ketone
d) Ditert-Butyl ketone
3. What is the correct order of reactivity towards nucleophilic addition?
a) Benzaldehyde > Benzophenone > Acetophenone
b) Benzophenone > Benzaldehyde > Acetophenone
c) Acetophenone > Benzaldehyde > Benzophenone
d) Benzaldehyde > Acetophenone > Benzophenone
4. Which of the following is the most reactive towards hydrogen cyanide?
5. Identify the catalyst in the nucleophilic addition of HCN to acetone.
6. The hydrolysis of the addition product of acetone and methyl magnesium iodide gives _______
a) ethyl alcohol
b) isopropyl alcohol
c) tert-Butyl alcohol
7. Acetone reacts with ethylene glycol in dry HCl gas to form _________
c) cyclic acetals
d) cyclic ketals
8. Which of the following products is formed when an aldehyde reacts with an amine in acidic medium?
b) Schiff’s base
9. Identify the N-substituted derivative of carbonyl compounds that are coloured compounds and are useful in the identification of aldehydes and ketones.
10. Aldehydes and ketones undergo __________ reactions.
a) electrophilic addition
b) electrophilic substitution
c) nucleophilic addition
d) nucleophilic substitution
11. Which of the following is added to the tetrahedral intermediate when it reacts with a proton from the reaction medium?
c) Both Nu– and H+
12. The nucleophilic addition reactions of aldehydes are carried out in ________ medium.
c) weakly basic
d) extremely basic
13. Catalytic hydrogenation of _______ gives propan-2-ol.
14. What is the product of Clemmensen reduction on acetophenone?
b) Methyl benzene
c) Ethyl benzene
15. A compound on treatment with hydrazine followed by heating up to 473K with KOH in ethylene glycol gives propane. Identify the compound.
16. Acetaldehyde is oxidised to ______ in the presence of nitric acid.
a) methanoic acid
b) ethanoic acid
17. What are the major products of the oxidation of pentan-2-one with concentrated HNO3 at very high temperatures?
a) Butanoic acid and methanoic acid
b) Propanoic acid and ethanoic acid
c) Pentanoic acid
d) Butanoic acid and ethanoic acid
18. Four compounds A, B, C and D were heated individually with Tollen’s reagent. It was found that all compounds other than D formed a silver mirror on the inside of their test tubes. Identify the compound D.
19. Which of the following is Tollen’s reagent?
a) Ammoniacal silver nitrate solution
b) Aqueous copper sulphate
c) Alkaline sodium potassium tartarate
d) Mixture of sodium carbonate, sodium citrate and Cu2+ complex
20. What is the proportion of Fehling solution A to Fehling solution B in the solution of Fehling’s reagent for conducting Fehling’s test?
21. When an aldehyde is heated with Fehling’s solution, a reddish-brown precipitate is formed due to which compound?
22. Which of the following compounds can be distinguished from iodoform test?
a) Benzaldehyde and benzophenone
b) Benzaldehyde and formaldehyde
c) Acetophenone and acetaldehyde
d) Acetophenone and benzophenone
23. Which of the following does not give yellow ppt on iodoform test?
24. Which of the following compound does not undergo aldol condensation?
25. How many products are formed from the aldol condensation reaction between ethanal and propanal?
Categories: Aldehydes Ketones And Carboxylic Acids