Important Question Of Aldehyde Ketone And Carboxylic Acid contains the most important Multiple Choice Questions for NEET, JEE, AIIMS and other medical exams. It has been designed to improve the concepts of CBSE students so that they can clear these competitive exams. These MCQs have been prepared in a systematic manner. For revising a topic it is a good resource for students.
Important Question Of Aldehyde Ketone And Carboxylic Acid (Carboxylic Acids Physical Properties)
1. The solubility of carboxylic acids _________ with the increase in size of alkyl groups.
c) remains same
d) varies unpredictably
2. As a result of intermolecular hydrogen bonding, carboxylic acids exists as ______
3. Which of the following is not a reason for carboxylic acids having higher boiling point than alcohols of comparable molecular masses?
a) Presence of electron withdrawing carbonyl group
b) Higher polarity of OH bond than in alcohols
c) Formation of two hydrogen bonds to form cyclic dimers
d) Presence of more alkyl groups in carboxylic acids
4. What is the correct order of boiling points of the following?
a) HCOOH > CH3COOH > C2H5COOH
b) C2H5COOH > CH3COOH > HCOOH
c) HCOOH > C2H5COOH > CH3COOH
d) CH3COOH > HCOOH > C2H5COOH
5. If the boiling point of propanol is 370 K, predict the boiling point of acetic acid.
a) 322 K
b) 329 K
c) 370 K
d) 390 K
6. Which of the following aliphatic carboxylic acids is a solid at room temperature?
a) Heptanoic acid
b) Octanoic acid
c) Nonanoic acid
d) Decanoic acid
7. Which among the following has the most unpleasant odour?
a) Caproic acid
b) Lauric acid
c) Myristic acid
d) Palmitic acid
8. Benzoic acid is almost insoluble in which of the following solvents?
a) Cold water