MCQ On Aldehydes Ketones And Carboxylic Acids contains the most important Multiple Choice Questions for NEET, JEE, AIIMS and other medical exams. It has been designed to improve the concepts of CBSE students so that they can clear these competitive exams. These MCQs have been prepared in a systematic manner. For revising a topic it is a good resource for students.
MCQ On Aldehydes Ketones And Carboxylic Acids (Nomenclature and Structure of Carbonyl Groups)
1. What is the common name of the compound which has a CHO group attached to the sp2 hybridised carbon of a benzene ring?
2. The prefix valer- is used for generally used for naming aldehydes with how many carbon atoms in the structure?
3. Identify the correct IUPAC name of CH3-CH=CH-CHO.
4. The compound 3-Phenylprop-2-enal is also known as _________
5. How many aldehydic groups does the compound phthaldehyde have?
6. Which of the following compounds do not contain a carbonyl group?
d) Carboxylic acid
7. How many carbon atoms does formaldehyde have?
8. What is the common name of butanal?
9. Acetone is the common name of which of the following ketones?
a) Dimethyl ketone
b) Ethyl methyl ketone
c) Diethyl ketone
d) Methyl n-propyl ketone
Answer: Dimethyl ketone
10. Which of the following will be the main group when present in a compound together?
11. _________ ketones are generally named by adding the name of the acyl group as prefix to the word phenone.
a) Ethyl methyl
c) Alkyl phenyl
Answer: Alkyl phenyl
12. What is the IUPAC name of CH3-CO-CH2-CH2-CH3?
13. What is the correct IUPAC name of ?-Methylcyclohexanone?
14. What is the IUPAC name of diisopropyl ketone?
c) 2-Methyl-1-(1-methylethyl) propan-1-one
15. What is the approximate planar bond angle between the carbonyl C-O bond and the bond between the carbonyl carbon and the atom attached to it?