These MCQ On Enzymes and Answer are designed to prepare students for Medical Entrance Examinations like NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER etc. These MCQ On Enzymes and Answer are not only directly taken from different previous years’ question papers but they are also selected keeping in mind the future pattern of the exam.
MCQ On Enzymes and Answer
1. Which of the Following is Produced with the Combination of Apoenzyme and Coenzyme:
b) Enzyme substrate complex
c) Prosthetic group
d) Enzyme product complex
2. Name the coenzyme of riboflavin (B2)?
a) NAD or NADP
b) FAD and FMN
c) Coenzyme A
d) Thiamine pyrophosphate
3. Which of this vitamin is associated with the coenzyme Biocytin?
a) Nicotinic acid
4. Name the enzyme secreted by pancreas?
d) Alcohol dehydrogenase
5. Name the enzyme which catalyzes the oxidation-reduction reaction?
b) Glutamine synthetase
6. What is the function of phosphorylase?
a) Transfer inorganic phosphate
b) Transfer a carboxylate group
c) Use H2O2 as the electron acceptor
d) Transfer amino group
7. Mark the CORRECT function of enzyme, Peptidase?
a) Cleave phosphodiester bond
b) Cleave amino bonds
c) Remove phosphate from a substrate
d) Removal of H2O
8. Which of the following reaction is catalyzed by Lyase?
a) Breaking of bonds
b) Formation of bonds
c) Intramolecular rearrangement of bonds
d) Transfer of group from one molecule to another
9. A __________is a biocatalyst that increases the rate of the reaction without being changed.
a) Aluminum oxide
b) Silicon dioxide
d) Hydrogen peroxide
10. What is the nature of an enzyme?
11. Which of the following function is catalyzed by Racemases?
a) Removal of water
b) Intramolecular transfer of a functional group
c) Interconversion of L and D stereoisomers
d) Inversion of asymmetric carbon atom
12. Which of the following is an example of ligases enzyme?
13. What is the binding energy?
a) Free energy released in the formation of enzyme-substrate interaction
b) The energy required to form a bond
c) The energy required to bind substrate
d) It is the activation energy
14. Which of the following is INCORRECT for the lock-and-key model?
a) It is used to describe the binding process
b) The active site of the enzyme is complementary to the substrate
c) It demonstrates enzyme-substrate complex
d) The binding of the substrate produces a conformational change in enzyme
15. Which of the following is not a catalytic strategy for an enzyme to perform specific reaction?
a) Covalent catalysis
b) Metal ion catalysis
c) Michaelis constant
d) Acid-base catalysis
16. What is the SI unit of enzyme activity?
17. Which of the following is not an example of irreversible enzyme inhibitor?
c) Diisopropyl phosphoflouridate (DIPF)
d) Statin drugs
18. Lineweaver-Burk plot is also known as______
a) Double reciprocal plot
b) Hanes-Woolf plot
c) Eadie-Hofstee plot
d) Steady-state equation
19. Name the enzyme which is found in tears, sweat, and an egg white?
20. What is an Isozyme?
a) Same structure, different function
b) Different structure, the same function
c) Same structure, the same function
d) Different structure, different function