These MCQ On Nucleic Acid are designed to prepare students for Medical Entrance Examinations like NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER etc. The questions given in Nucleic Acids Multiple Choice Questions And Answers PDF are not only directly taken from different previous years’ question papers but they are also selected keeping in mind the future pattern of the exam.
MCQ on Nucleic Acid
1. Which of the following bases is not present in DNA?
2. Which of the following bases contain two keto groups?
3. Which sugar is present in RNA?
4. Which of the following statements is correct?
a) Adenine is a pyrimidine
b) DNA is made of amino acids
c) Nucleosides do not contain phosphorous
d) RNA contains thymine
5. Which of the following best describes cytosine?
a) pyrimidine, present in RNA and DNA
b) pyrimidine, present only in DNA
c) purine, present only in RNA
d) purine, present in RNA and DNA
6. The attachment between the base and sugar in a nucleotide is through ______ bond.
7. Which part of the nucleotide is responsible for the formation of bonds in DNA double helix?
c) Phosphate group
d) Hydroxyl group of sugar
8. Identify the complementary strand of the DNA primary structure ATGCCGATC.
9. Two DNA samples A and B have melting temperatures 305K and 320K respectively. Identify the correct statement based on this information.
a) A and B are complementary strands
b) B has more CG pairs than A
c) A has more CG pairs than B
d) A has more hydrogen bonds than B
10. RNA on hydrolysis does not yield which of the following?
a) Amino acid
b) Pentose sugar
c) Nitrogen base
d) Phosphoric acid