These Proteins MCQ are designed to prepare students for Medical Entrance Examinations like NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER etc. The multiple choice questions on Proteins given in the chapter are not only directly taken from different previous years’ question papers but they are also selected keeping in mind the future pattern of the exam.
Proteins MCQ and Answer
1. What is the one letter code for tyrosine?
2. Which of the following amino acids are aromatic in nature?
3. Which of the following is a non-essential amino acid?
4. Which of the following is a neutral amino acid?
5. Cysteine is a/an ________ amino acid.
d) sulphur containing
6. Which of the following amino acids contains only one amino group?
7. What is the one letter code for asparagine?
8. Which of the following is incorrect regarding tryptophan?
a) It is an essential amino acid
b) It is a basic amino acid
c) It has an aromatic side chain
d) It is a non-polar amino acid
9. Identify the amino acid with the formula HOOC-CH2-CH2-CH(NH2)-COOH.
a) Glutamic acid
b) Aspartic acid
10. Proteins are polymers of ______
a) α-amino acids
b) β-amino acids
c) γ-amino acids
d) δ-amino acids
11. If the basic formula of an α-amino acid is R-CH(NH2)-COOH, where R is the side chain, what is the primary point of distinction between any two proteins?
a) Number of amino groups
b) Number of carboxyl groups
c) The side chain R
d) Relative positions of amino, carboxyl groups and R
12. Which of the following amino acids is optically inactive?
13. Proteins are _______
14. Alanylglycyl phenylalanine is an example of a ______
15. Which of the following bonds in not found in fibrous proteins?
c) Hydrogen bonds
16. Which of the following is not a fibrous protein?
17. The sequence in which amino acids are arranged in a protein is called ______ structure.
18. Which type of bonds govern the secondary structure of proteins?
19. Which of the following is soluble in water?
20. The structure in which all peptide chains are stretched out to full extension and laid side by side through intermolecular hydrogen bonds is called ______
b) β-pleated sheet
c) tertiary structure
d) quaternary structure
21. Fibrous and globular proteins are classified on the basis of ______ structure.
22. A protein ‘X’ was found in a biological system with a unique 3-D structure and biological activity. ‘X’ is known as _______
a) tertiary structure
b) quaternary structure
c) native protein
d) globular protein
23. Proteins are formed primarily from ______ bonds.
24. Identify the correct statement.
a) Peptide bond is formed by the loss of water molecule
b) A protein is made of only one type of amino acid
c) Dipeptides consists of different amino acids
d) Glycylalanine is a tripeptide
25. How many peptide linkages does a hexapeptide have?
Proteins MCQs PDF Download
Other Related Contents:
|MCQ On Enzymes and Answer with FREE PDF|
|MCQ On Protein Structure with FREE PDF|
|Amino Acid MCQ with Answers and FREE PDF|
|MCQ on Amino Acid Metabolism with FREE PDF|
|Affinity Chromatography MCQ with FREE PDF|
|MCQs On SDS Page with Answers and FREE PDF|