Introduction to Motion in a Straight Line MCQs are important for NEET, AIIMS, JEE and other medical entrance examinations. These MCQs will help you prepare your students for their examinations and improve their speed and accuracy. Introduction to Motion in a Straight Line MCQs are elementary questions based on Physics topics helps the students to get the move closer to the dream of being an IITian or an AIIMS doctor.
Introduction to Motion in a Straight Line MCQs
1. Which force can possibly act on a body moving in a straight line?
a) Tangential force
b) Friction force
c) Centrifugal force
d) Centripetal force
2. What kind of motion is rectilinear motion?
a) One dimensional
b) Two dimensional
c) Three dimensional
d) Zero dimensional
3. When a body is in the state of complete rest, what kind of energy does it possess?
a) Potential energy
b) Kinetic energy
c) Total energy
d) Heat energy
4. Which of the following are obtained by dividing total displacement by total time taken?
a) Average velocity
b) Instantaneous velocity
c) Uniform velocity
5. What is the rate of change of rate of change of displacement of a body?
6. In which of the following states does a body possess kinetic energy?
c) When placed on a platform
d) In zero gravity
7. Which of the following types of motion can be used for describing the motion of a car on a straight road?
8. Which of the following types of motion cannot describe the motion of a clock’s hands?