Angular Momentum in case of Rotations about a Fixed Axis MCQs will be useful for various entrance exam like NEET, AIIMS, JEE. It includes an extensive section of physics and chemistry. These chapter covers each and every topic of System of Particles and Rotational Motion and more. It also contains chapter-wise MCQs with hints and options to make your preparation easy. We also published System Of Particles And Rotational Motion MCQs and Answers which are most important and relevant topic to your upcoming examination.
Angular Momentum in case of Rotations about a Fixed Axis MCQs
1. Which of the following quantities is zero if torque on a particle is zero?
a) Angular momentum of the particle
b) Angular speed of the particle
c) Change in kinetic energy of the particle
d) Rate of change of angular momentum
2. A particle of mass 5kg is rotating about an axis in a circle with a speed of 10m/s. What should be its radius so that the component of angular momentum about the axis is 5kgm2/s?
3. A disc is rotating with ω =10rad/s about a fixed central axis which is perpendicular to its plane. The disc has a mass =2kg & radius =10cm. A small particle of mass 100gm is put slowly on the disc’s outer circumference. There is sufficient friction between the disc and the particle. What will be the new angular velocity of the system?
a) 10 rad/s
b) 9.09 rad/s
c) 9.51 rad/s
d) Can’t conserve angular momentum because of friction
4. A ring and a disc having masses in the ratio 1:2 are made to rotate about their central axes. Both are acted upon by the same torque when they are at rest. Which one will have more angular velocity when torque has been removed from both after the same time? Both have the same radius.
c) Same for both
d) Depends on ratio of mass and radius
5. A particle is rotating about a fixed axis. The angular momentum of the particle about any point on the fixed axis is the same. True or False?
6. The angular momentum vector of a particle about a point on the rotational axis is parallel to its angular velocity vector, provided the particle rotates with fixed speed about that axis. True or False?
7. What is the rate of change of angular momentum?
d) Angular velocity