Friction MCQs and Answers are must for the aspirants who are preparing for various competitive examination. It covers the concept of Work, Energy and Power which is very important for any competitive exams. This Law of Work, Energy and Power topic is given most importance in various competitive exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET, AIIMS etc.
Friction MCQs and Answers
1. What are the types of kinetic friction?
a) Sliding friction, rolling friction and adhesive friction
b) Sliding friction and rolling friction
c) Rolling friction and adhesive friction
d) Sliding friction and adhesive friction
2. The maximum value of static friction when the body is at the verge of starting motion is known as _____
a) Static friction
b) Limiting friction
c) Impending motion
d) Angle of repose
3. _____ is known as the motion that would take place under the applied force if friction were absent.
a) Impending motion
b) Constrained motion
c) Unconstrained motion
d) Linear motion
4. If a box is lying on the floor of a wagon with a coefficient of friction 0.2, what is the maximum acceleration of the wagon for which the box would remain stationary? (Let g = 9.81 m/s2)
a) 1.96 m/s2
b) 2 m/s2
c) 3.92 m/s2
d) 4 m/s2
5. Limiting friction of a body depends on _____
a) Area of contact of surfaces
b)The volume of the smaller body on larger surface
c) Nature of surfaces
d) The periphery of the contact surfaces
6. The value of the frictional force for a body is always constant when it is static and does not vary with applied force.
7. Consider a block of mass 9.81kg on an inclined surface of the coefficient of friction 0.15 and angle of inclination 30 degrees. What will be its acceleration on the inclined plane if acceleration due to gravity is 9.81 m/s2?
a) 3.63 m/s2
b) 4.63 m/s2
c) 9.81 m/s2
d) 10 m/s2