Law Of Conservation Of Energy Quiz and Answers are must for the aspirants who are preparing for various competitive examination. It covers the concept of Work, Energy and Power which is very important for any competitive exams. This Law of Work, Energy and Power topic is given most importance in various competitive exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET, AIIMS etc.
Law Of Conservation Of Energy Quiz and Answers
1. The law of conservation of energy is not applicable to mechanical systems as they require energy input to keep working.
2. The energy possessed by an object because of its motion is termed _____
a) potential energy
b) kinetic energy
c) nuclear energy
d) solar energy
3. The maximum potential energy in a roller coaster is at _____
a) the top of the steep climb
b) somewhere during the climb
c) somewhere during the descent
d) the lowest point after the climb
4. Fire is a form of _____
a) solar energy
b) thermal energy
c) gravitational energy
d) kinetic energy
5. When a roller coaster is at the top of a steep hill, its potential energy is maximum. When it hurdles down the slope and comes to the bottom, the potential energy reduces greatly. Hence we can say that the law of conservation of energy is not valid here since energy is destroyed.
6. When a person intakes 3000 kcal of food, he is able to do work requiring energy of 2500 kcal. This means that the human body destroys a fraction of energy obtained from food.
7. For a freely falling body, which of the following quantities will not change?
a) Total kinetic energy
b) Total potential energy
c) Total mechanical energy
d) Insufficient data
8. Which of the following statements are true?
a) Energy can be created and destroyed
b) Energy cannot be created but only destroyed
c) Energy cannot be destroyed but only created
d) Energy can neither be created nor destroyed
9. The dimensions of energy are _____
10. Which of the following is not true?
a) Energy of an open system can be varied
b) Energy cannot be created
c) Energy cannot be destroyed
d) Energy cannot be transformed