Moment of Inertia MCQs and Answers will be useful for various entrance exam like NEET, AIIMS, JEE. It includes an extensive section of physics and chemistry. These chapter covers each and every topic of System of Particles and Rotational Motion and more. It also contains chapter-wise MCQs with hints and options to make your preparation easy. We also published System Of Particles And Rotational Motion MCQs and Answers which are most important and relevant topic to your upcoming examination.
Moment of Inertia MCQs and Answers
1. What is the moment of inertia of a rod about an axis passing through the centre and perpendicular to its central axis? Given that mass of rod is 1kg, length = 10cm.
2. The moment of inertia of a solid sphere is 10kgm2. What will be the moment of inertia of a very thin spherical shell of the same mass and radius as that of the solid sphere?
3. What is the ratio of moment of inertia of a ring to a disc? Given that both have masses in the ratio 2:1 & radii in the ratio 1:2 respectively.
4. Moment of inertia, of a spinning body about an axis, doesn’t depend on which of the following factors?
a) Distribution of mass around axis
b) Orientation of axis
d) Angular velocity
5. Two cylinders have the same mass and radius. One is hollow and the other is solid. Which one will have the greater moment of inertia about the central axis?
a) Hollow cylinder
b) Solid cylinder
c) Same for both
d) Depends on length of cylinder
6. A solid disc has a mass of 10kg and radius 1m. Find its radius of gyration.