Motion of Centre of Mass MCQs and Answers will be useful for various entrance exam like NEET, AIIMS, JEE. It includes an extensive section of physics and chemistry. These chapter covers each and every topic of System of Particles and Rotational Motion and more. It also contains chapter-wise MCQs with hints and options to make your preparation easy. We also published System Of Particles And Rotational Motion MCQs and Answers which are most important and relevant topic to your upcoming examination.
Motion of Centre of Mass MCQs and Answers
1. A boy of mass 50kg is standing on a frictionless surface. He throws a ball of mass 2kg away from him with a speed of 10m/s. Find the final speed of the centre of mass.
2. A ball of mass 3kg is thrown at an angle of 30° with the horizontal & a speed of 10m/s. At the highest point the ball breaks into two parts, having mass ratio 2:1, due to internal forces. If the heavier part falls at a distance of 10m from the start, find the x coordinate of the second part.
3. If forces are acting on a rigid body so that it has zero kinetic energy, then all forces will pass through the centre of mass and have a vector sum of zero. True or False?
4. In a projectile motion, a particle breaks due to internal forces. We can say that its total momentum is conserved. True or False?
5. A ball of mass 1kg is thrown vertically upwards from a building with a speed of 10m/s, and another ball of mass 3kg is dropped from the same point towards the ground with the same speed. At what time will the centre of mass have the maximum height w.r.t the ground? Assume balls are left at t=0.