Non-Uniform Circular Motion MCQs and Answers are must for the aspirants who are preparing for various competitive examination. It covers the concept of Laws of Motion which is very important for any competitive exams. This Law of Motion topic is given most importance in various competitive exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET, AIIMS etc. We also published the most important questions and answers “MCQ On Laws Of Motion (Class 11) with Answers”. Check it Now.
Non-Uniform Circular Motion MCQs and Answers
1. The radius of a body moving in a circle with constant angular velocity is given by r = 4t2, with respect to time. What is the magnitude of the tangential velocity at t = 2s, if the angular velocity is 7 rad/s?
2. A car moving around a tree has the distance from the tree defined as r = 5t2 + 7. What is the magnitude of the centripetal acceleration at t = 2s, if the angular velocity is 2 rad/s.
3. The tangential velocity in a circular motion change as v = 2t2 – 7 with the radius being equal to 3 m. What is the angular velocity at t = 1 s in rad/s?
4. The tangential velocity of a body in a non-uniform circular motion varies as v = 7t2 – 2v with the radius being equal to 21 m. What is the angular acceleration at t = 2 s in rad/s2?
5. Which of the following is a suitable word to describe the motion of a rotating ball tied to rope tied tightly to a fixed support?
a) Spiral motion
b) Circular motion
c) Elliptic motion
d) Uniform motion
6. A block of mass 5 Kg, exhibits circular motion with the mass decreasing at the rate of 0.5 Kg/s. At what time the centripetal force will be zero on the block?
a) At 10 s
b) At 5 s
c) At 1 s
d) At 7 s
7. A box of mass 10 Kg, moves in circular motion with the mass function as m = 7t. The function for the radius is r = 2t2. By what factor does the centripetal force exceed the square of the tangential velocity at t = 2 s?
8. A stone tie with a string held at one end is being rotated at a constant angular velocity in the air. The tangential velocity will remain constant if _______
a) The plane of motion of the stone is parallel to the ground
b) The plane of motion of the stone is perpendicular to the ground
c) The plane of motion of the stone is at an angle of 45 degrees to the ground
d) The tangential velocity is independent of the plane of motion
9. A ball tied at the end of a perfect string tied tightly (assume fixed) to a wooden bar at the other end is rotating with constant angular velocity. Its tangential velocity will _______
a) Increase with time
b) Decrease with time
c) Will remain constant
d) Will decrease exponentially
10. A rocket takes off from the earth and continues to move in a circular orbit with the thrusters on. What can be said about the angular velocity of the rocket?
a) It increases
b) It decreases
c) It remains constant
d) It changes abruptly