Theorems of Perpendicular and Parallel Axes MCQs and Answers will be useful for various entrance exam like NEET, AIIMS, JEE. It includes an extensive section of physics and chemistry. These chapter covers each and every topic of System of Particles and Rotational Motion and more. It also contains chapter-wise MCQs with hints and options to make your preparation easy. We also published System Of Particles And Rotational Motion MCQs and Answers which are most important and relevant topic to your upcoming examination.
Theorems of Perpendicular and Parallel Axes MCQs
1. The moment of inertia of a planar disc about a diameter is 8kgm2. What is the moment of inertia about an axis passing through its centre and perpendicular to the plane of disc?
2. Let I1 be the moment of inertia about the centre of mass of a thick asymmetrical body. Let I2 be the moment of inertia about an axis parallel to I1. The distance between the two axes is ‘a’ & the mass of the body is ‘m’. Find the relation between I1 & I2.
a) I2 = I1 – ma2
b) I1 = I2 – ma2
c) I2 = I1
d) Parallel axis theorem can’t be used for a thick asymmetrical body
3. What is the moment of inertia of a rod, of mass 1kg & length 6m, about an axis perpendicular to rod’s length and at a distance of 1.5m from one end?
4. The moment of inertia of a ring about a tangent is 4kgm2. What is the moment of inertia about an axis passing through the centre of the ring and perpendicular to its plane? Mass of the ring is 2kg & diameter is 2m.
5. The moment of inertia of a planar square about a planar axis parallel to one side is 10kgm2. What is the moment of inertia about a diagonal?
6. A planar body is lying in the xz plane. What is the relation between its moment of inertia along the x, y & z axes?
a) Iz = Ix + Iy
b) Ix = Ix + Iz
c) Iy = Ix + Iz
d) Iz = Ix = Iy
7. Perpendicular axis theorem can be applied for which of the following bodies?
a) Ring having radius R & negligible cross section
b) Disc of radius R and thickness t
c) Cylinder of radius R and height h
d) A cube of side ‘a’
8. Consider two perpendicular axis in the plane of a planar body, such that I1 = 2 I2. The moment of inertia about an axis perpendicular to the plane and passing through intersection of I1 & I2 is 9kgm2. Find the value of I1& I2.
a) I1 = 9kg m2, I2 = 4.5kgm2
b) I1 = 3kg m2, I2 = 6kg m2
c) I1 = 6kg m2, I2 = 3kg m2
d) I1 = 18kg m2, I2 = 9kg m2