Human excretory system, or urine formation, is the process in which the metabolic waste products are removed from the body. Urine is formed by chemical processes that break down molecules of nitrogen, hydrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide and so on. In this post we are going to discuss about Human Excretory System MCQs and Answers which are most important to you. We already published Excretory System MCQs and Answers.
Human Excretory System MCQs and Answers
1. Through which of the following nerves and blood vessels enter the kidneys?
2. Which of the following is responsible for the formation of Columns of Bertini?
b) Renal pelvis
3. How many nephrons are present in each kidney?
a) One million
b) One billion
c) One trillion
d) Two million
4. In how many parts a nephron is divided?
5. What will happen if the diameter of the afferent arteriole is less than efferent arteriole?
a) Dilute urine
b) Concentrated urine
c) No ultrafiltration
d) Black urine
6. What are osmoregulators?
a) Animals which cannot change their body osmolarity
b) Animals which can change their osmolarity sometimes
c) Animals which can change their osmolarity
d) Animals which cannot excrete out waste
7. Which of the following organism is not an osmoconformer?
c) Marine invertebrates
8. Which of the following is not an adaptation of kangaroo rat?
a) Drinks water
b) Feeds on fatty seeds
c) Excretes concentrated urine
d) The nasal counter current system
9. Which of the following is not included in the excretory system of humans?
10. Where are the kidneys situated?
a) Between the 7th and 10th ribs
b) Between the last thoracic and third lumbar vertebra
c) Between the 8th and 9th ribs
d) Between the first and second thoracic vertebra
11. What is the average weight of a human kidney?
a) 40 g
b) 100 g
c) 120 g
d) 10 g
12. Which of the following structure encloses glomerulus?
a) Bowman’s capsule
b) Medullary pyramids
d) Renal capsule
13. What is the full form of PCT?
a) Proximal Coronary Tube
b) Proximal Convoluted Tubule
c) Proximal Carotid Tube
d) Part Covering Thymus
14. Which of the following is succeeded by PCT?
a) Henle’s loop
d) Collecting duct
15. Where do the DCTs of nephrons open into?
b) Henle’s loop
c) Conducting duct
16. Which of the following is not situated in the cortical region of the kidney?
c) Malpighian corpuscle
d) Loop of Henle
17. Where do the juxtamedullary nephrons dip?
a) Medullary pyramids
c) Deep in the medulla
d) Renal pelvis
18. The peritubular capillaries emerge from which of the following?
a) Efferent arteriole
b) Afferent arteriole
c) Henle’s loop
d) Renal artery
19. Which of the following runs parallel to the Henle’s loop?
a) Renal artery
b) Renal vein
c) Vasa recta
20. Which of the following prevents the backflow of urine?
c) Urinary sphincter
d) Oblique opening of ureters
21. Which of the following vessels carry blood with minimum urea?
a) Renal artery
b) Renal vein
c) Hepatic vein
d) Hepatic portal vein
22. The outer layer of Bowman’s capsule is made up of which of the following epithelium?
a) Squamous epithelium
b) Transitional epithelium
c) Cuboidal epithelium
d) Columnar epithelium
23. Juxta-medullary nephrons constitute what percentage of the total nephrons?