These Chemical Reaction And Equation Class 10 MCQ and Answers are the most important part of your (Class 10) Science Chapter 1 of Your NCERT Text Book. We already published a detailed MCQs and Answers Post on Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
Chemical Reaction And Equation Class 10 MCQ
Chemical Equations MCQs
1. Which of the following reaction is correct?
a) Zinc + Sulphuric acid → Zinc sulphate + Oxygen
b) Zinc + Sulphuric acid → Zinc sulphate + Hydrogen
c) Zinc + Sulphuric acid → Zinc sulphate + Zink
d) Zinc + Sulphuric acid → Zinc sulphate + Water
2. Which of the following is the balanced chemical equation?
a) Zn + H2SO4 → ZnSO4 + H2O
b) Zn + H2SO4 → 2ZnSO4 + H2O
c) Zn + H2SO4 → ZnSO4 + H2
d) 2Zn + H2SO4 → ZnSO4 + H2
3. Which of the following is the balanced chemical equation?
a) 2Fe(s) + 4H2O(g) → Fe3O4 (s) + 4H2(g)
b) 3Fe(s) + 4H2O(g) → Fe3O4 (s) + 4H2(g)
c) 4Fe(s) + 4H2O(g) → Fe3O4 (s) + 4H2(g)
d) 5Fe(s) + 4H2O(g) → Fe3O4 (s) + 4H2(g)
Types of Chemical Reactions MCQs
1. What type of chemical reactions take place when electricity is passed through water?
d) Double displacement
2. Pb + CuCl2 → PbCl2 + Cu
The above reaction is an example of:
b) double displacement
3. Which among the following statement(s) is (are) true?
Exposure of silver chloride to sunlight for a long duration turns grey due to
(i) the formation of silver by decomposition of silver chloride
(ii) sublimation of silver chloride
(iii decomposition of chlorine gas from silver chloride
(iv) oxidation of silver chloride
a) (i) only
b) (i) and (iii)
c) (ii) and (iii)
d) (iv) only
4. Electrolysis of water is a decomposition reaction. The mole ratio of hydrogen and oxygen gases liberated during electrolysis of water is:
a) 1 : 1
5. Which of the following is a displacement reaction?
6. In the double displacement reaction between aqueous potassium iodide and aqueous lead nitrate, a yellow precipitate of lead iodide is formed. While performing the activity if lead nitrate is not available, which of the following can be used in place of lead nitrate?
a) Lead sulphate (insoluble)
b) Lead acetate
c) Ammonium nitrate
d) Potassium sulphate
7. Oxidation is a process which involves
a) addition of oxygen
b) addition of hydrogen
c) removal of oxygen
d) removal of hydrogen
8. The condition produced by aerial oxidation of fats and oils in foods marked by unpleasant smell and taste is called:
9. Which of the following do you think is a correct statement?
a) oxidation is caused by a reducing agent
b) the oxidation reaction is a Redox reaction
c) addition of electropositive element is a type of oxidation
d) reduction is the addition of hydrogen
10. SnCl2 + 2FeCl2 → SnCl4 + 2FeCl2 is an example of __________________ reaction.
a) only oxidation
b) only reduction
d) neither oxidation nor reduction
11. Formation of zinc sulphide is an example of ___________
c) removal of oxygen
d) addition of hydrogen
12. Oxidation is the same as __________
a) addition of hydrogen
b) removal of oxygen
c) addition of oxygen
d) removal of Nitrogen
13. Reduction involves in __________ oxidation number.
d) remain constant
14. Removal of oxygen from a compound is an example of ________
15. In the reaction of formation of magnesium oxide magnesium undergoes ________
Effects of Oxidation Reactions in Everyday Life MCQs
1. What is Corrosion?
a) Destruction or deterioration of a material
b) Conversion of metal atoms to metallic ions
c) Conversion of metal ions to metal atoms
d) Destruction of materials involving in the conversion of metal atoms into metal ions
2. The chemical formula of rust is ______
3. Which of the following materials will undergo Corrosion?
a) Metals only
b) Metals and Non-metals
c) Metals, Non-metals, Ceramics and Plastics
d) Metals, Non-metals, Ceramics, Plastics and Rubbers
4. Corrosion of material by furnace gases is classified as _____
a) wet corrosion
b) dry corrosion
c) galvanic corrosion
d) crevice corrosion
5. Which of the following is an example of wet corrosion?
a) Corrosion of metal in the water
b) Corrosion of iron in the presence of anhydrous calcium chloride
c) Corrosion of titanium in dry chlorine
d) Corrosion due to furnace gases
6. Corrosion maintenance is vital in _____ industries.
c) plastic toy
d) both petroleum and paper
7. Which of the following subjects are important in understanding and controlling corrosion?
c) Both Thermodynamics and Electrochemistry
d) Material Characterization
8. Which of the following is an incorrect statement?
a) Corrosion is an irreversible process
b) Corrosion is a non-spontaneous process
c) Corrosion is a degradation process
d) Corrosion is a spontaneous process
9. Which of the following is considered as high corrosive resistant material?
a) Mild steel
b) Cast iron
d) Stainless steel
10. Corrosion involves _______ reactions.
d) both oxidation and reduction
11. Which of the following are necessary in the process of corrosion?
d) Anode, Cathode and Electrolyte
12. What is the reason for corrosion?
a) Stability of a metal ion
b) Stability of a metal atom
d) Use of coatings
13. What are the advantages of corrosion?
a) Protection of metals by surficial oxide layer
b) Zn-carbon electrochemical reactions in the battery
c) Decrease in the strength of material
d) Protection of metals by the surficial oxide layer and Zn-carbon electrochemical reactions in the battery
14. Which of the following factors affect the corrosion rate of metal?
a) Relative surface area of an anode and cathode
b) Nature of the oxide layer
c) Purity of metal
d) Relative surface area of an anode and cathode, nature of oxide layer and purity of metal
15. If a metal undergoes uniform corrosion it becomes _____
d) thicker and perforated
16. Which theory explains the oxidation of metals?
a) Collison theory
b) Molecular orbital theory
c) Wagner’s theory
d) Mixed potential theory
17. What is the mechanism of dry corrosion?
c) Differential solubility
d) Both electrochemical and differential solubility
18. Which of the following corrosion contaminant will act as a protective layer?
19. What are the factors that affect corrosion?
c) Conductance of the corroding medium
d) Temperature, humidity and conductance of the corroding medium
20. _______ is a chemical substance which reduces the corrosion rate.
a) Corrosion inhibitor
b) Corrosion initiator
d) Corrosive medium
21. Which of the following are the destructive effects of corrosion?
a) Contamination of product
b) Effect on safety
d) Contamination of product, effect on safety and reliability
22. Which of the following corrosion damage is more emphasized in the construction material of restaurants?
a) Loss of appearance
b) Maintenance and operating cost
c) Effect of safety
d) Both loss of appearance and effect of safety
23. Main form of ceramic degradation is _________
d) dissolution and swelling
24. Which of the following are included in maintenance and operating costs?
a) Use of corrosion-resistant material
b) Loss of product
c) Regular inspections
d) Use of corrosion-resistant material and regular inspection
25. Which of the following is responsible for rancidity?
Class 10 Science MCQ
|Chapter 1: Chemical reactions and equations||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 2: Acids, bases and salt||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 3: Metals and Non-metals||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 4: Carbon and Its Compounds||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 5: Periodic Classification Of Elements||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 6: Life Processes||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 7: Control and Coordination||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 8: How do Organisms Reproduce?||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 9: Heredity and Evolution||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 10: Light Reflection and Refraction||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 11: The Human Eye and Colourful World||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 12: Electricity||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 13: Magnetic Effects of Electric Current||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 14: Sources of Energy||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 15: Our Environment||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 16: Sustainable Management of Natural Resources||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|