These Lifelines Of National Economy Class 10 MCQ and Answers are the most important part of your Class 10 NCERT Geography Text Book. We already published Class 10 Geography MCQ and Answers (Topic-wise), that will help you the most.
Lifelines Of National Economy Class 10 MCQ
1. India has one of the largest road networks in the world, aggregating to about
A) 56 lakh km
B) 56 lakh km
C) 56 lakh km
D) 56 lakh km
2. The growing importance of road transport vis-a-vis rail transport is rooted in
A) Construction cost of roads is much lower than that of railway lines
B) Roads can traverse comparatively more dissected and undulating topography
C) Roads can negotiate higher gradients of slopes and as such can traverse mountains such as the Himalayas
D) All of these
3. Which of the following is world’s longest Highway tunnel?
A) China Tunnel
B) Atal Tunnel
C) Sikkim Tunnel
D) Ladakh Tunnel
4. Who is responsible for movement of goods and services from their supply locations to demand locations?
5. India has one of the largest road networks in the world, aggregating to about …. lakh km?
6. What are the reasons for the growing importance of road transport vis-à-vis rail transport?
A) Railways are expensive mode of travel and cargo
B) roads can traverse comparatively more dissected and undulating topography
C) Roads are more popular medium of travelling
D) Railways are more restricting
7. The government has launched a major road development project linking DelhiKolkata-Chennai-Mumbai and Delhi by …….lane Super Highways?
8. National Highway No.1 runs between which two cities?
A) Delhi- Nagpur
B) Delhi- Kanpur
C) Delhi – Amritsar
D) Delhi- Jaipur
9. What are state highways?
A) Roads linking a state capital with different district headquarters
B) Roads linking different districts in a state
C) Roads linking a state capital with other state capitals
D) Roads linking State capital with important cities
10. Railways are the principal mode of transportation for ……. and passengers in India?
C) Time saving
D) Comfort levels
11. The Indian Railway is now reorganised into ……zones?
12. What is the most important factor that influences the distribution pattern of the Railway network in the country?
A) Physiographic factor
C) Administrative factor
D) Freight charges
13. What are the favourable conditions for the growth of railways in the Northern plains?
A) vast level land
B) Freight charges
C) Administrative reasons
D) Good economy
14. How are the railway tracks laid in the hilly terrains of the peninsular region?
A) Smooth and levelled
C) through low hills, gaps or tunnels.
D) Steep slopes
15. Which states have been difficult for building railway tracks?
A) Rajasthan, gujarat, Madhya Pradesh
B) Himachal Pradesh
C) West Bengal
D) Tamil Nadu
16. Today, the railways have become …….. important in our national economy than all other means of transport put together.
A) Not so
D) Not at all
17.What is pipeline transport used for?
B) natural gas from oil and natural gas fields to refineries
C) Everything can be transported
D) Metattalic goods only
18. Name one important network of pipeline transportation in the country?
A) From oil field in upper Assam to Kanpur
B) From Maharashtra to Delhi
C) Gujarat connects Jagdishpur in Uttar Pradesh
D) From Madhya Pradesh to Haryana
19. Which is the cheapest means of transport for goods and carriers?
20. India has inland navigation waterways of ……….. km in length?
21. How much of the indian waterways are navigable by mechanised vessels?
22. which are the important transport waterways?
A) The Ganga
B) The Indusi
C) Kaveri waterways
D) Godavari stretch
23. percent of the country’s trade volume is moved by sea?
24. ……….percent of the country’s trade in terms of value is moved by sea?
25. What is the length of India’s coastline?
26. How many major seaports are there in India?
27. Which port of India is a tidal port?
A) Jawaharlal Nehru port, Mumbai
B) Kandla Port
C) Mormugao port (Goa)
D) New Mangalore port
28. Which port India has a natural harbour?
A) Mormugao port (Goa)
B) Jawaharlal Nehru port, Mumbai
C) Kandla Port
D) Kochchi Port
29. Which is the premier iron ore exporting port of the country?
A) Mormugao port (Goa)
B) Jawaharlal Nehru port, Mumbai
C) New Mangalore port
D) Kochchi Port
30. Which is the deepest landlocked and well-protected port?
A) Chennai Port
D) Mormugao port (Goa)
31. Why is air travel preferred in the northeastern states?
A) big rivers, dissected relief, dense forests and frequent floods and international frontiers
B) Other modes are not organized
C) The railway track is disturbed by physical features
D) Road transport is uneasy on the long drives
32. When was air transport nationalised?
33. Pawanhans Helicopters Ltd provides helicopter services to …………..to inaccessible areas and difficult terrains like the north-eastern states and the interior parts of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand?
A) transporting crude oil, petroleum products
B) fertilizer factories and big thermal power plants.
C) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
34. Which of these is not a means of mass communication?
35. The Indian postal network is the …………largest in the world?
36. ………………… are considered first-class mail and are airlifted between stations covering both land and air.
B) Book Packets
D) Cards and envelopes
37. Book packets, registered newspapers and periodicals are considered ………….
A) First class mail
B) Premium mail
C) Second class mail
D) Prime mail
38. Name a channel that has been introduced recently to facilitate quick delivery of mails in large towns and cities?
A) Rajdhani Channel,
B) Akashvani Channel,
C) Fm Channel
D) Centre Channel
39. The focus of Digital India Programme is on being transformative to realise……….
A) IT (Indian Talent)
B) IT (Information Technology)
C) IT (India Tomorrow)
D) IT (India Today)
40. What is the full form of STD?
A) Subsidised Trunk dialling
B) Subscriber Trunk Dialling
C) State Trunk Dialing
D) Subsidy Trunk Dialing
41. Excluding urban places more than ………. of the villages in India have already been covered with Subscriber Trunk Dialling (STD) telephone facility?
B) Two- third
C) One- fourth
D) Three- fourth
42. India is the ………. largest producer of feature films in the world?
43. The Central Board of Film Certification is the authority to certify …………….?
A) Indian films
B) Indian and foreign film
C) Regional films
D) Foreign films coming to India
44. The exchange of goods among people, states and countries is referred to as ………?
A) Foreign exchange
45. The ………….. is the place where trade takes place?
A) Stock exchange
46. Advancement of international trade of a country is considered the economic …………. for a country
47. What is the balance of trade of a country ?
A) the difference between its export and import
B) Amount of imports made
C) Amount of exports made
D) Equal amount of value of export and import
48. India has trade relations with …….. of the major trading blocs and all geographical regions of the world.
49. Which commodities are exported from India to other countries?
50. Foreign tourists visit India for ……….
A) Residing purposes
C) Heritage tourism
D) Religious tourism
51. Which one of the following terms is used to describe trade between two or more countries?
A) Internal trade
B) External trade
C) International trade
D) Local trade
52. Which one of the following states is not connected with the H.V.J. pipeline?
A) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
53. Which mode of transportation reduces trans-shipment losses and delays?
54. Which organisation constructs and manages the Border Road?
A) Border Road Development Board
B) National Highways Authority of India
C) State Government where Border lies
D) Defence Ministry
55. Which of the following is not the management category of roads in India?
A) District Highways
B) Border Roads
C) National Highways
D) State Highways
56. Which among the following national highways are collectively called as the Grand Trunk Road?
A) NH 1 and NH 2
B) NH 2 and NH 5
C) NH 4 and NH1
D) None of the above
57. India’s first Aeroplane Post Service was started between:
A) Allahabad to Delhi
B) Allahabad to Bombay (Now Mumbai)
C) Allahabad to Calcutta (Now Kolkata)
D) Allahabad to Naini
58. Which of the following was the first India’s Steam Engine?
A) Sethu Samundram
59. When did Indian Railways provide internet service on trains?
A) May 1, 2003
B) January 26, 1998
C) October 1, 2002
D) April 1, 2003
60. Who is responsible for the State highways and major district roads?
A) State Government
B) Central Government
C) Federal Government
D) National Government
61. Which among the following does not belong to the scheduled airlines in the public sector?
A) Air India
B) Alliance Air
C) Air India Charters Ltd. (Air India Express)
D) Aryan Cargo Express Private Limited
62. Which was the first Indian private airline to launch flights to China?
A) Jet Airways
C) Sahara Airlines
D) Kingfisher Airlines
63. When was International Airport Authority of India (IAAI) set up?
64. When was the Airports Authority of India proposed?
A) April 1, 1995
B) September 18, 1992
C) June 1, 2004
D) None of the above
65. When was Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. established?
A) October 2, 1961
B) October 27, 1986
C) September 18, 1992
D) January 26, 1998
66. Which states are related with the dispute of “Mullaperiyar dam”
A) Tamil Nadu and Kerala
B) Karnataka and Tamil Nadu
C) Kerala and Karnataka
D) Andhra Pradesh and Kamataka
67. Railway passenger coaches are manufactured at
68. Konkan Railway connects
A) Roha – Mangalore
B) Kanyakumari – Mumbai
C) Goa – Mangalore
D) Kanyakumari – Mangalore
69. The main drawback of the railway network in India is
A) The presence of three types of gauges
B) Lack of rolling stock
C) Existence of single track in many areas
D) Lack of coal
70. Wheels and exles for railways are produced
A) At Bengaluru
B) At Chennai
C) At Varanasi
D) Nowhere in India
71. In which one of the following places is the headquarters of the North-Eastern Railway located?
D) None of these
72. Which of the following Railway zones and their Headquarters is not correct?
73. Which of the following States is least developed in rail routes?
MCQs on Class 10 Social Science Geography (Contemporary India II)
|Chapter 1: Resources and Development|
|Chapter 2: Forest and Wildlife Resources|
|Chapter 3: Water Resources|
|Chapter 4: Agriculture|
|Chapter 5: Minerals and Energy Resources|
|Chapter 6: Manufacturing Industries|
|Chapter 7: Lifelines of National Economy|