These Minerals And Energy Resources Class 10 MCQ and Answers and the most important part of your Class 10 NCERT Geography Book. We already published Class 10 Geography MCQ and Answers (Topic-wise), that will help you the most.
Minerals And Energy Resources Class 10 MCQ
1. What is a mineral?
a) Heterogeneous, naturally occurring substance with a definable internal structure.
b) Homogenous, artificial substance with a definable internal structure.
c) Homogenous, naturally occurring substance with a definable internal structure.
2. Rocks are combinations of homogenous substances called
3. Minerals are usually found in
d) None of these
4. What is the chemical composition of Quartz?
5. The Monazite sands in Kerala is rich in
d) all of the above
6. Nagarcoil and Jaisalmer are well known for effective use of
a) solar energy
b) wind energy
c) atomic energy
d) tidal energy
7. The pair of states which has most of the petroleum deposits
a) Rajasthan and Karnataka
b) Assam and Gujarat
c) Gujarat and Maharashtra
d) Odisha and Goa
8. One of the following is a non-metallic mineral
9. Aluminium is obtained from
10. Uranium and thorium used for generating nuclear power are found in
a) Godavari Basin
b) Gulf of Cambay
c) Manikarn in Himachal Pradesh
d) Aravalli ranges of Rajasthan
11. In which region of India tidal energy is produced?
a) Gulf of Kuchchh
b) Puga Valley of Ladakh
c) Gulf of Cambay
d) Madhapur near Bhuj
12. Tertiary coals occur in the
a) North-western states
b) Coastal states
c) North-eastern states
d) Southern states
13. Mica is used in electric and electronic industries because
a) of its insulating properties and resistance to high voltage
b) it is a good conductor of electricity
c) of its great malleability
d) of its sonorous nature
14. Limestone is the basic raw material of
a) Paper industry
b) Cement industry
c) Sugar industry
d) Textile industry
15. The larger occurrences of minerals of igneous and metamorphic rocks are called:
16. In which one of the following states the largest wind farm cluster is located?
d) Tamil Nadu
17. Which of the following is the oldest oil producing state of India?
b) Madhya Pradesh
d) Andaman Nicobar island
18. Which one of the following non- conventional sources of energy is harnessed near Manikarn in Himachal Pradesh?
a) Geothermal Energy
b) Wind energy
c) Solar energy
d) None of the above
19. In which of the following iron ore belt Kudremukh mines are located?
a) Orissa-Jharkhand belt
b) Maharashtra-Goa belt
c) Durg-Baster-Chandrapur belt
d) Bellary-Chitradiga-Chikmaglur-Tumkur belt
20. Which one of the following states, is the largest producer of copper in India?
c) Madhya Pradesh
21. Which one of the following is largely derived from ocean water?
22. The highest quality of hard coal is:
Answer: d Anthracite
23. Which form of coal has a low carbon and high moisture contents and low heating capacity?
24. Which one of the following factors is responsible for the sugar mills to shift and concentrate in the southern and western states of India?
a) Sugarcane is bulky raw material.
b) The sucrose content reduces with distance.
c) The cane produced has higher sucrose content.
d) The cooperative are not successful.
25. Which one of the following is not true regarding the importance of manufacturing industries?
a) They generate jobs in the secondary and tertiary sectors.
b) Export of manufactured goods brings in forgein exchange.
c) Manufacturing industries encourage trade and commerce.
d) The economic strength of a country is measured in terms of the raw material it possesses.
26. Which one of the following minerals is not obtained from the veins and lodes?
27. Which one of the following non-conventional sources of energy is harnessed in the Parvati Valley near Manikaran in Himachal Pradesh
a) Tidal Energy
b) Geothermal Energy
c) Wind Energy
d) Solar Energy
28. Which one of the following is an essential feature of Mica?
a) It is a metallic mineral made up of a series of plates
b) It can be clear, black, green, red, yellow or brown.
c) It is not used in electric and electronic industry.
d) It cannot be easily split into thin sheets
29. Which one of the following features is not true about copper?
a) India is deficient in the reserve and production of copper.
b) It is reliable, ductile and a good conductor.
c) It is a ferrous ore.
d) It is mainly used in electrical cables and electronic goods.
30. Which quartz mineral shows blue colour?
a) Rose quartz
b) Blue quartz
c) Smoky quartz
d) Rock crystal
31. Rock crystal belongs to which mineral group?
a) Quartz group
b) Feldspar group
c) Carbonate group
d) Ferro-magnesium group
32. What is the cleavage shown by quartz minerals?
d) No cleavage
33. Quartz is found in which type of rock?
a) Igneous rock
b) Sedimentary rock
c) Metamorphic rock
d) Igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks
34. Pick the quartz mineral which is translucent among the following.
a) Rose quartz
c) Amethyst quartz
d) Milky quartz
35. The streak given by the quartz group is __________________
d) Pale yellow
36. Pick the quartz which is colourless among the following.
a) Rose quartz
b) Smoky quartz
c) Milky quartz
d) Rock crystal
37. What is the hardness of the quartz minerals?
38. What is the colour of rose quartz attributed to?
39. The mineral not belonging to the quartz group is ___________
40. Those elements whose absence prevent plants from completing its life cycle are called___________
a) Micro element
b) Macro element
c) Nonessential elements
d) Essential elements
MCQs on Class 10 Social Science Geography (Contemporary India II)
|Chapter 1: Resources and Development|
|Chapter 2: Forest and Wildlife Resources|
|Chapter 3: Water Resources|
|Chapter 4: Agriculture|
|Chapter 5: Minerals and Energy Resources|
|Chapter 6: Manufacturing Industries|
|Chapter 7: Lifelines of National Economy|