These Magnetic Effects of Electric Current Class 10 MCQ are the most important part of Class 10 NCERT Science Text Book.
Magnetic Effects of Electric Current Class 10 MCQ
1. The strength of magnetic field inside a long current carrying straight solenoid is
a) more at the ends than at the centre
b) minimum in the middle
c) same at all points
d) found to increase from one end to the other
2. The most important safety method used for protecting home appliances from short circuiting or overloading is by
b) use of fuse
c) use of stabilizers
d) use of electric meter.
3. Select the incorrect statement
(?) Magnetic field lines are closed curves
b) No two field lines can cross each other
c) Field lines can cross each other
d) The relative strength of the magnetic field is shown by degree of closness of the field lines.
4. Magnetic field lines around a straight conductor forms a pattern of
a) concentric circles
b) concentric ellipse
c) straight line
d) square shape.
5. Electric motor is a device which converts
a) mechanical energy to electrical energy
b) electrical energy to mechanical energy
c) chemical energy to mechanical energy
d) mechanical energy to light energy.
6. The direction of induced current is given by
a) Fleming’s right hand rule
b) Fleming’s left hand rule
c) Right hand thumb rule
d) Left hand thumb rule.
7. The insulation colour of earth wire is
8. In India the potential difference between live wire and neutral wire is
a) 240 V
b) 250 V
c) 280 V
d) 220 V.
9. Choose the incorrect statement
a) Fleming’s right-hand rule is a simple rule to know the direction of induced current.
b) The right-hand thumb rule is used to find the direction of magnetic fields due to current carrying conductors.
c) The difference between the direct and alternating currents is that the current always flows in one direction, whereas the alternating current reverses its direction periodically.
d) In India, the AC changes direction after every 1/50 second.
10. For a current in a long straight solenoid, N- and S-poles are created at the two ends. Among the following statements, the incorrect statement is
a) the field lines inside the solenoid are in the form of straight lines which indicates that the magnetic field is the same at all points inside the solenoid
b) the strong magnetic field produced inside the solenoid can be used to magnetise a piece of magnetic material like soft iron, when placed inside the coil
c) the pattern of the magnetic field associated with the solenoid is different from the pattern of the magnetic field around a bar magnet
d) the N- and S-poles exchange position when the direction of current through the solenoid is reversed.
11. Choose the incorrect statements from the following regarding magnetic lines of field.
a) the direction of magnetic field at a point is taken to be the direction in which the north pole of a magnetic compass needle points
b) magnetic field lines are closed curves
c) if magnetic field lines are parallel and equidistant, they represent zero field strength
d) relative strength of magnetic field is shown by the degree of closeness of the field lines.
12. What is the space around a current-carrying conductor, in which its magnetic effect can be experienced called?
a) Electric field
b) Magnetic pole
c) Magnetic field
d) Charge distribution
13. Give the SI unit of the magnetic field.
14. What is the force exerted by a stationary charge when it is placed in a magnetic field?
d) Depends on the strength of the magnetic field
15. What is the work done by the magnetic field on a moving charged particle?
c) Depends on the strength of the magnetic field
16. The north pole of a magnet is brought near a stationary negatively charged conductor. What is the force experienced by it at the poles?
d) Depend on the nature of the conductor
17. Identify the condition under which the force acting on a charge moving through a uniform magnetic field is minimum.
a) ? = 90o
b) ? = 180o
c) ? = 270o
d) ? = 340o
18. Identify the condition under which the force acting on a charge moving through a uniform magnetic field is maximum.
a) ? = 90o
b) ? = 180o
c) ? = 0o
d) ? = 360o
19. What is the magnetic field outside a solenoid?
b) Half the value of the field inside
c) Double the value of the field inside
20. Which, among the following qualities, is not affected by the magnetic field?
a) Moving charge
b) Change in magnetic flux
c) Current flowing in a conductor
d) Stationary charge
21. When a charged particle moves at right angles to the magnetic field, the variable quantity is?
d) Moment of inertia
22. If the flow of electric current is parallel to the magnetic field, the force will be ______
d) Half the original value
23. The ratio of magnetic force to electric force on a charged particle getting undeflected in a field is?
24. What is the strength of magnetic field known as ________
c) Magnetic strength
d) Magnetic flux density
25. Weakest force in nature is?
a) Electric force
b) Gravitational force
c) Weak force
d) Magnetic force
26. How can a magnetic field be produced?
a) Using a permanent magnet
b) Electric current
c) Using a temporary magnet
d) Using a permanent magnet or electric current
27. Can we see magnetic flux lines?
c) Depends on the strength of the field
d) Only when the field strength is very large
28. Magnetic Field lines move from _______
a) North to south
b) South to north
c) West to east
d) East to west
Class 10 Science MCQ
|Chapter 1: Chemical reactions and equations||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 2: Acids, bases and salt||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 3: Metals and Non-metals||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 4: Carbon and Its Compounds||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 5: Periodic Classification Of Elements||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 6: Life Processes||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 7: Control and Coordination||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 8: How do Organisms Reproduce?||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 9: Heredity and Evolution||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 10: Light Reflection and Refraction||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 11: The Human Eye and Colourful World||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 12: Electricity||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 13: Magnetic Effects of Electric Current||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 14: Sources of Energy||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 15: Our Environment||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 16: Sustainable Management of Natural Resources||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|