These Sustainable Management of Natural Resources Class 10 MCQ are the most important part of Class 10 NCERT Science Text Book. We already published More Standard Questions and Answers on Natural Resources.
Sustainable Management of Natural Resources Class 10 MCQ
1. Khadins, bundhis, ahars and kattas are ancient structures built for the purpose of:
a) store grains
b) conserve soil
c) water harvesting
d) conserve wildlife.
2. The Tehri Dam is constructed on River
3. The degraded Arabari forests were revived by the efforts of
a) A.K. Chatterjee
b) A.K. Baneijee
c) Sunder Lai Bahuguna
d) Amrita Devi
4. Which plan has been started by government to control pollution of Ganga?
a) Ganga Action Plan
b) Ganga Revival Plan
c) Swachh Jal Abhiyan
d) Ganga Restoration Plan
5. Which pH range is most suitable for life of fresh water plants and animals?
a) 6.5 – 7.5
b) 2.0 – 3.5
c) 3.5 – 7.0
d) 9.0 – 10.5
6. The most appropriate definition of a natural resource is that it is a substance/commodity that is
a) present only on land
b) a gift of nature which is very useful to mankind
c) a man-made substance placed in nature
d) available only in the forest
7. The main cause for abundant coliform bacteria in the river Ganga is
a) disposal of unbumt corpses into water
b) discharge of effluents from electroplating industries
c) washing of clothes
d) immersion of ashes
8. Among the statements given below select the ones that correctly describe the concept of sustainable development
(i) Planned growth with minimum damage to the environment
(ii) Growth irrespective of the extent of damage caused to the environment
(iii) Stopping all developmental work to conserve the environment
(iv) Growth that is acceptable to all the stakeholders
a) (i) and (iv)
b) (ii) and (iii)
c) (ii) and (iv)
d) (iii) only
9. In our country, there are attempts to increase the height of several existing dams like Tehri and Almati, dams across Narmada. Choose the correct statements among the following that are a consequence of raising the height of dams
(i) Terrestrial flora and fauna of the area is destroyed completely
(ii) Dislocation of people and domestic animals living in the area
(iii) Valuable agricultural land may be permanently lost
(iv) It will generate permanent employment for people
a) (i) and (ii)
b) (i), (ii) and (iii)
c) (ii) and (iv)
d) (i), (iii) and (iv)
10. Select the incorrect statement.
a) Economic development is linked to environmental conservation
b) Sustainable development encourages development for current generation and conservation of resources for future generations
c) Sustainable development does not consider the view points of stakeholders
d) Sustainable development is a long planned and persistent development
11. Pick the right combination of terms which has no fossil fuel.
a) Wind, ocean and coal
b) Kerosene, wind and tide
c) Wind, wood, sun
d) Petroleum, wood, sun
12. Select the eco-friendly activity among the following:
a) Using car for transportation
b) Using polybags for shopping
c) Using dyes for colouring clothes
d) Using windmills to generate power for irrigation
13. A successful forest conservation strategy should involve
a) protection of animals at the highest trophic level
b) protection of only consumers
c) protection of only herbivores
d) comprehensive programme to protect all the physical and biological components
14. Arabari forests of Bengal is dominated by
15. What is “3E”?
a) Energy, economy and environment
b) Reduce, reuse and recycle
c) Energy, economy and envision
d) Ergonomics, evolution and economy
16. Which of the following is the 7th goal of the eight millennium goals of United Nations?
a) To eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
b) To ensure environment sustainability
c) To reduce child mortality
d) To develop a global partnership for development
17. Which of the following is relates the three elements of “3E”?
a) Energy from fossil fuels
b) Energy from natural gas
c) Renewable energy sources and technology
18. Which of the following ensures sustainable growth?
a) Positive economic growth, deterioration of environment with economic expansion and energy resource meeting energy demands
b) Negative economic growth, deterioration of environment with economic expansion and energy resource meeting energy demands
c) Positive economic growth, non-deterioration of environment with economic expansion and growth of energy resource not meeting energy demands
d) Positive economic growth, deterioration of environment with economic expansion and growth of energy resource meeting energy demands
19. Sustainable development requires that energy resource ________
a) cannot be exhausted completely
b) can be complete exhausted
c) can destroy the environment
d) cannot meet the growing demand
20. Which of the following contributes towards growth of economic and energy?
a) Intermittent capital and human resource investment
b) Continuous capital and human resource investment
c) Decrement in capital and human resource investment
d) No capital and human resource investment
21. Which of the following energy resources seems inexhaustible?
a) Natural gas
22. For sustainable development, environment damage rate _____ environment recovery rate.
a) should be greater than the
b) should be exponentially greater than the
c) should be same as the
d) should be lesser than the
23. Which of the following best describes the aim of sustainable consumption and production?
a) To reduce resource consumption, waste generation and emissions across the full life cycle of processes and products
b) To increase resource consumption, waste generation and emissions across the full life cycle of processes and products
c) To reduce resource consumption, increase waste generation and emissions across the full life cycle of processes and products
d) To increase resource consumption, reduce waste generation and emissions across the full life cycle of processes and products
24. Which of the following best describes green economy?
a) A high carbon, resource inefficient and socially inclusive economy
b) A low carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive economy
c) A low carbon, resource inefficient and socially exclusive economy
d) A high carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive economy
25. What is the goal of sustainability in any process?
a) To maintain the process finitely
b) To eventually eliminate the process
c) To maintain the process indefinitely
d) To support damaging the environment
26. What are the three pillars of sustainable development?
a) Energy, economy and ergonomics
b) Environment, economy and evolution
c) Energy and evolution
d) Energy, economy and environment.
27. What is the main problem with development of countries?
a) Strain on environment to absorb the damage and self-heal
b) Decrement in poverty
c) Higher energy consumption per capita
d) Lower energy consumption per capita
28. What are the three R’s that are used to save the environment which includes forest?
a) Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
b) Reserve, Reduce, Recycle
c) Reuse, Reserve, Reduce
d) Reserve, Reuse, Reduce
29. How many National Parks are there in India as of 2015?
30. How much area is under the forest cover in India?
a) Around 610000 sq km
b) Around 670000 sq km
c) Around 710000 sq km
d) Around 750000 sq km
31. Which community of Rajasthan Have religious belief for conservation of forest and wildlife?
32. Which one of the following movement was carried out for the conservation of forests and the environment?
a) Forest movement
b) Ganaga Action Plan
c) Tehri Andolan
d) Chipko Andolan
34. Which of the following is not a principle of Chugach National Forest?
a) The forest service is governed by many existing laws
b) National Forest System lands are managed for multiple uses
c) It provides subsistence uses for rural residents of Alaska
d) It doesn’t collaborate with interested Native Alaskan tribes
35. Which country leads in the producing and consuming of forest products?
d) United States
36. Which of the following is not the best way to fight a forest fire?
a) Evacuate from the forest surrounding places
b) Not using water as a fire suppression tool
c) Deploy suppressant foam
d) Create a fire line
37. What is the full form of JFM with related to Forest Management?
a) Joint Forest Management
b) Junior Forest Management
c) Jury Forest Management
d) Jharkhand Forest Management
38. What is called for the practice of regulating forest resources to meet the needs of society and industry while preserving the forest’s health?
a) Environmental protection
b) Sustainable Forest Management
c) Forest policy framework
d) Unsustainable Forest Management
39. Which one of the following is a branch of forestry?
a) Protection Forestry
c) Forest Management
d) Restricted Forestry
40. Which one of the following is not the best way to stop deforestation?
a) Planting trees
b) Not encouraging for recycling the used products
c) Go paperless
d) Eat vegetarian meals as often as possible
41. Amrita Devi Bishnoi sacrificed her life to protect the
a) Palm trees
b) Khejri trees
c) Sal trees
d) Teakwood trees.
42. The better way to assess the pollution level of a water body is to calculate the:
a) Nutrient level
b) Number of organisms
c) Coliform count
d) Pesticide level.
43. The purpose of rainwater harvesting is to:
a) use it for irrigation
b) culture fishes
c) use it for washing ears
d) recharge ground water
44. ‘Kulhs’ the ancient water harvesting structure were made in
c) Himachal Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
45. The three R’s that will help us to conserve natural resources for long term use are
a) recycle, regenerate, reuse
b) reduce, regenerate, reuse
c) reduce, reuse, redistribute
d) reduce, recycle, reuse
Class 10 Science MCQ
|Chapter 1: Chemical reactions and equations||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 2: Acids, bases and salt||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 3: Metals and Non-metals||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 4: Carbon and Its Compounds||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 5: Periodic Classification Of Elements||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 6: Life Processes||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 7: Control and Coordination||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 8: How do Organisms Reproduce?||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 9: Heredity and Evolution||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 10: Light Reflection and Refraction||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 11: The Human Eye and Colourful World||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 12: Electricity||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 13: Magnetic Effects of Electric Current||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 14: Sources of Energy||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 15: Our Environment||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 16: Sustainable Management of Natural Resources||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|