These Democracy And Diversity Class 10 MCQ and Answers are the most important part of Class 10 NCERT Political Science Text Book.
Democracy And Diversity Class 10 MCQ
1. Identify the countries which faced the problem of social divisions.
a) Belgium, Germany and USA
b) Belgium, Sri Lanka and U.K.
c) Sri Lanka, Canada and India
d) U.K., USA and India
2. Which one of the following statements is not correct about social division?
a) Too many small divisions are better than a single big division.
b) Politics is a force of unity when expressions of various kinds of social divisions occur.
c) It is only in countries like India that we have social divisions.
d) Assertion of social diversities in a country need not be seen as a source of danger.
3. A form of democracy in which citizens elect representatives to make governing decisions on their behalf is a:
a) Deliberative democracy
b) Liberal Democracy
c) Social Democracy
d) Representative Democracy
4. Democracy originated
a) In ancient Greece.
b) In the US after freeing itself from British tyranny.
c) In France after the Revolution.
d) In the UK, after the signing of Magna Carta.
5. Direct democracy is the system in which
a) Citizens choose their representatives in free and fair elections.
b) Citizens are allowed to debate with their representatives in open public meetings.
c) Citizens represent themselves in the decision-making process.
d) Senior political leaders are known as Directors.
6. In democratic Athens, which of the following groups were not allowed to participate in politics?
d) All of the above
7. In which country of Africa, democracy was replaced by military in 1966?
a) South Africa
8. In which country there is no democracy?
9. Powerful theoretical backing for democracy was provided by
a) John Locke
b) Thomas Hobbes
c) Edmund Burke
d) Jeremy Bentham
10. What was one major demand in the nineteenth century struggles for democracy?
a) Political equality
b) Freedom and Justics
c) Equal rights to women
d) Rights for every adult citizen to vote
11. Which of the following incidents accelerated the process of democracy in the world after 1990?
a) Democracy in Nepal
b) Democracy in Pakistan
c) Disintegration of Soviet Union
d) Polands freedom from Soviet Control
12. Which of these is a defining characteristic of democracy?
a) That rulers govern in the interests of the ruled.
b) That rulers come from a wide range of social backgrounds.
c) That rulers are directly accountable to the ruled on a regular basis.
d) That the proceedings of the legislative body are televised.
13. Which of the following statements about social differences in the Netherlands and Northern Ireland are correct?
A. Both Northern Ireland and the Netherlands are predominantly Christian but divided between Catholics and Protestants.
B. In Northern Ireland class and religion overlap each other.
C. Overlapping social differences do not create possibilities of deep social divisions and tensions.
D. In the Netherlands, class and religion tend to cut across each other.
a) A, B, C and D
b) A, B and D
c) C and D
d) B, C and D
14. Which of these statements regarding factors affecting politics of social divisions are true?
A. It is much easier if the people see that their identities are multiple and are complementary with national identity.
B. If people see their identities in singular and exclusive terms, it becomes very easy to accommodate.
C. It is easier to accommodate demands that are within the constitutional framework and not at the cost of another community.
D. It depends on how the government reacts to demands of different groups.
E. Attempts at forced integration do not sow the seeds of disintegration.
a) A and B are true.
b) C and B are true.
c) A, B and C are true.
d) A, C and D are true.
CBSE Class 10 Political Science Chapter-wise MCQs and Answers
|Chapter 1: Power Sharing||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 2: Federalism||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 3: Democracy and Diversity||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 4: Gender, Religion and Caste||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 5: Popular Struggles and Movements||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 6: Political Parties||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 7: Outcomes of Democracy||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 8: Challenges to Democracy||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|