These Gender Religion And Caste Class 10 MCQ and Answers are the most important part of Class 10 NCERT Political Science Text Book.
Gender Religion And Caste Class 10 MCQ
1. When we speak of gender divisions, we usually refer to:
a) Biological difference between men and women
b) Unequal roles assigned by the society to men and women
c) Unequal child sex ratio
d) Absence of voting rights for women in democracies.
2. The distinguishing feature of communalism is:
a) Followers of a particular religion must belong to one community.
b) Communalism leads to the belief that people belonging to different religions can live as equal citizens within one nation.
c) A communal mind does not lead to quest for political dominance of one’s own religious community.
d) A secular constitution is sufficient combat communalism.
3. Which leaders worked for the elimination of caste system in India?
a) Jotiba Phule, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, Mahatma Gandhi and Periyar Ram as warn Naicker
b) Raja Ram Mohun Roy, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar and Mahatma Gandhi
c) Jotiba Phule, Periyar Ramaswami Naicker and Mahatma Gandhi
d) Swami Vivekanand, Jotiba Phule and Raja Ram Mohan Roy
4. What is mean by the term ‘Feminist’?
a) Having the qualities considered typical of women.
b) A person who believes in equal rights and opportunities for women and men.
c) The belief that men and women are equal.
d) Men who look like women.
5. Which of these matters deal with the ‘Family Laws’?
a) Marriage and divorce
d) All of these
6. Which of these is true about the most ugly form of communalism?
a) Communal violence
d) All the above
7. What is leading to the breakdown of caste hierarchy?
a) Large-scale urbanisation
b) Growth of literacy and education
c) Occupational mobility
d) All of the above
8. The percentage of elected women members in the Lok Sabha has never reached what per cent of its total strength?
9. In some places in India, by how much the child sex ratio has fallen to as low as?
10. “A woman or a man who believes in equal rights and opportunities for men and women.” Select the correct option for the definition.
c) Caste hierarchy
d) Social change
11. What step taken to provide representation to women in Panchayats and Municipalities?
a) Reservation for election to half of the seats for women
b) Appointment of 1/3 women members
c) Reservation for election to 1/3 of the seats for women
d) None of the above
12. In which of these categories of work do you think less time is spent by men?
a) Household and related work
b) Sleep, self-care, reading etc.
c) Income-generating work
d) Talking and gossiping
13. Indian society is of which type?
a) A matriarchal society
b) A patriarchal society
c) A fraternal society
d) None of these
14. What is the result of political expression of gender division?
a) Has helped to improve women’s role in public life
b) Has provided a superior status to women
c) The position remains the same, as it was
d) None of the above
15. What is the percentage of Hindus in India, as per the 2001 Census?
16. Family laws deal with
a) marriage and divorce
d) all of the above
17. In India, the representation of women in legislature has been
d) very low
18. The system where father is the head of the family is called
19. Jotiba Phule was a/an
a) social reformer
b) political leader
20. Which among the following statements about India’s Constitution is wrong? It
a) prohibits discrimination on grounds of religion.
b) gives official status to one religion.
c) provides to all individuals freedom to profess any religion.
d) ensures equality of citizens within religious communities.
CBSE Class 10 Political Science Chapter-wise MCQs and Answers
|Chapter 1: Power Sharing||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 2: Federalism||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 3: Democracy and Diversity||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 4: Gender, Religion and Caste||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 5: Popular Struggles and Movements||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 6: Political Parties||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 7: Outcomes of Democracy||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|
|Chapter 8: Challenges to Democracy||MCQs and Answers||Online Test|