The Government has taken various steps to modernizing agriculture for sustainable growth in agriculture sector.
Some of the interventions in this direction are:
- Creation of a network of 722 KrishiVigyanKendras (KVKs) for dissemination of knowledge and information about modern technology etc.
- Initiatives under Agriculture Technology Management Agency (ATMA) Scheme like Extension Reforms, Mass Media Support to Agricultural Extension, Kisan Call Centres, Agri-Clinics and Agri-Business Centres, Exhibitions/ Fairs etc.
- Sub Mission on Agricultural Mechanization (SMAM)
- Promotion of Agricultural Mechanization for In-Situ Management of Crop Residue in the States of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and NCT of Delhi.
- National Agriculture e-Market platform (e-NAM) has been established
- Soil Health Card (SHC) Scheme.
- Per Drop More Crop (PDMC)
- Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture.
- Promotion of 10,000 FPOs.
Agriculture exports excluding allied products (Marine, Meat etc.) have set record in 2020-21 with total agri export of Rs. 213513.38 Crore which has been highest since last two decades.