These Series Circuits Questions and Answers are composed by our Livemcqs team that will help you most. These Series Circuits Questions and Answers already have been asked in various competitive exams including GATE. We also published TOP Questions and Answers on Basic Electrical Engineering MCQ on Simple DC Networks.
Series Circuits Questions and Answers
1. Find the voltage across the 6 ohm resistor.
Find the voltage across the 6 ohm resistor in given circuit
2. If there are two bulbs connected in series and one blows out, what happens to the other bulb?
a) The other bulb continues to glow with the same brightness
b) The other bulb stops glowing
c) The other bulb glows with increased brightness
d) The other bulb also burns out
3. What is the value of x if the current in the circuit is 5A?
Find the value of x if the current in the circuit is 5A
a) 15 ohm
b) 25 ohm
c) 55 ohm
d) 75 ohm
4. A voltage across a series resistor circuit is proportional to?
a) The amount of time the circuit was on for
b) The value of the resistance itself
c) The value of the other resistances in the circuit
d) The power in the circuit
5. Many resistors connected in series will?
a) Divide the voltage proportionally among all the resistors
b) Divide the current proportionally
c) Increase the source voltage in proportion to the values of the resistors
d) Reduce the power to zero
6. What is the voltage measured across a series short?
c) The value of the source voltage
7. What happens to the current in the series circuit if the resistance is doubled?
a) It becomes half its original value
b) It becomes double its original value
c) It becomes zero
d) It becomes infinity
8. Find the current in the circuit.
Find the current in the circuit if Total resistance R 60ohm
a) 1 A
b) 2 A
c) 3 A
d) 4 A
9. In a series circuit, which of the parameters remain constant across all circuit elements such as resistor, capacitor and inductor etcetera?
c) Both voltage and current
d) Neither voltage nor current
10. Voltage across the 60ohm resistor is______
Find the Voltage across the 60ohm resistor