How well do you think you know general knowledge? Find out by taking this fun General Knowledge Quiz for 9 Year Olds. This quiz is great fun and is based on the world around us, things like their views on life, at home and school and presents them in a fun way. The 9-year old quiz is designed to be neither too difficult or too easy, but it’s enough to see if you know your stuff!
General Knowledge Quiz for 9 Year Olds
1. Which is the largest plateau in the world?
Answer: Tibetan Plateau
2. Which is the instrument used to measure Blood pressure?
3. What color symbolizes peace?
4. Who is the founder of Microsoft?
Answer: Bill Gates
5. During which year did World War I begin?
6. How many Cricket world cups does India have?
7. Global warming is caused by the excess of which type of gas?
Answer: Carbon dioxide
8. How many cards are there in a complete pack of cards?
9. What is the name of the biggest rainforest in the world?
Answer: The Amazon
- Agriculture GK Questions and Answers
- Ancient Indian History GK Questions and Answes
- Atmosphere GK Questions and Answers
- Biochemistry GK Questions and Answers
10. Which the African nation is famous for chocolate?
11. What makes up (approx.) 80% of our brain’s volume?
12. Which instrument is used for measuring wind speed?
13. ‘Stars and Stripes’ is the nickname of the flag of which country?
Answer: United States of America
14. Which language is used by the computer to process data?
Answer: Binary language
15. What covers approximately 71% of the Earth’s surface: Land or water?
16. Which is the hardest substance available on earth?
17. Which is the biggest desert in the world?
Answer: Sahara desert
18. Which country gifted The Statue of Liberty to the United States?
19. What is the name of the Greek God of music?
20. What does the “SIM” in the SIM card stand for?
Answer: Subscriber Identity Module
21. Which is the first element on the periodic table of elements?
22. Which is the longest written Constitution in the world?
23. What is the largest joint in the human body?
24. Which is the smallest bone in the human body?
Answer: Stapes (Ear bone)
25. Which instrument is used to measure Atmospheric Pressure?
26. Which is the largest continent in the world?
27. Who is the inventor of the electric Bulb?
Answer: Thomas Alva Edison
28. On whose memory Nobel Prize is awarded?
Answer: Alfred Nobel
29. Who is the first woman to go to space?
Answer: Valentina Tereshkova
30. What is HCl?
Answer: Hydrochloric acid
31. What is currency of China?
32. In which direction does the sunrise?
33. Which is the world’s largest flower?
34. How many zeros are there in one hundred thousand?
35. How many hours are there in two days?
Answer: 48 hours (24+24)
36. How many months of the year have 31 days?
Answer: 7 (January, March, May, July, August, October and December)
37. How many weeks are there in one year?
38. Which are the colors in a rainbow?
Answer: Violet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red
39. How many bones does an adult human have?
40. Who was the first man to walk on the moon?
Answer: Neil Armstrong
41. How many millimeters are there in 1cm?
42. Which is the nearest star to planet earth?
43. Which is the longest river on the earth?
44. Which is the principal source of energy for earth?
45. How many lungs does the human body have?
46. What is the standard taste of the water?
Answer: Water is tasteless
47. Which is the tallest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest
48. Which is the fastest animal on the land?
49. Which continent is known as ‘Dark’ continent?
50. Which planet is known as the Red Planet?
51. Which is the most sensitive organ in our body?
52. Which is the largest ocean in the world?
Answer: Pacific Ocean
53. Which day is observed as World Environment Day?
Answer: June 5
54. How many years are there in a century?
Answer: One Hundred
55. Which is the largest country in the world?
Answer: Russia (By area)
56. Who invented the Computer?
Answer: Charles Babbage
57. How many players are there in a cricket team?
58. Which day is observed as World Literacy Day?
Answer: September 8
59. Who is the inventor of Radio?
60. Which place is known as the roof of the world?
61. How many teeth does a healthy adult have including the wisdom teeth?
62. Which gas is most abundant in the earth’s atmosphere?
63. How many people are there in the world?
Answer: Over 7 billion
64. Which is the continent with the most number of countries?
65. Which is the most common non-contagious disease in the world?
Answer: Tooth Decay
66. How many strings does a violin have?
67. How many planets are there in our solar system?
68. Which is the hottest continent on Earth?
69. Which is the smallest continent in the world?
70. How many years are there in a millennium?
71. Which country is home to the kangaroo?
72. Who painted the Mona Lisa?
Answer: Leonardo da Vinci
73. Who invented the telephone?
Answer: Alexander Graham Bell
74. What does the Internet prefix WWW stand for?
Answer: World Wide Web
75. How much of Earth’s surface is covered by ocean?
76. Who discovered Penicillin in 1928?
Answer: Alexander Fleming
77. How many stars are there in the American flag?
78. What do you call a type of shape that has five sides?
79. Which way is anti-clockwise, left or right?
80. How many equal sides does an isosceles triangle have?
81. Which is the coldest location in the earth?
Answer: East Antarctica
82. Who discovered electricity?
Answer: Benjamin Franklin
83. Which is the most widely spoken language in the world?
Answer: Mandarin (Chinese)
84. Which two parts of the body continue to grow for your entire life?
Answer: Nose and Ears
85. The largest ‘Democracy’ in the world?
86. Who is the inventor of Television?
Answer: John Logie Baird
87. Ball, Bat, Stump, Hockey stick
Answer: Hockey stick
88. Hen, Dove, Pigeon, Cat
89. Hammer, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Cobbler
90. Jeep, Car, Bike, Boat
91. Doctor, Surgeon, Nurse, Teacher
92. Mother, Father, Brother, Friend
93. Earth, Mercury, Jupiter, Pluto
94. Cabbage, Potato, Capsicum, Tomato
95. Pen, Pencil, Eraser, Ink Pen
96. Aeroplane, Helicopter, Ship, Jet
97. Carrot, Mango, Banana, Apple
98. Cow, Lion, Dog, Cat
100. P.J. Abdul Kalaam, C.V. Raman, Issac Newton, William Shakespeare
Answer: William Shakespeare
101. Dispur, Pune, Patna, Shimla
102. 1, 2, 4, 5
103. Asia, Europe, China, Australia
104. Radio, Television, Loudspeaker, Stereo
105. Respiration, Digestion, Excretion, Photosynthesis
106. Hydrogen, Hypochlorite, Helium, Lithium
107. Noun, Pronoun, Articles, Adverb
General Knowledge Quiz for 9 Year Olds – Importance
Is it important to have general knowledge? Knowledge is power. So, it’s important to have knowledge. As a human being, it’s our responsibility to know everything about the world, society, nature and the universe we live in. Without knowledge, we are just like a bird without wings.
If you don’t know anything about how the world works or what’s happening around you, you can’t imagine that how much you’re missing from your life. Lack of knowledge will make your life boring and miserable.
Why Knowledge is Important?
The only way to understand the world better is through knowledge. It’s one of the most powerful tools we have at our disposal to improve our life and make us successful in every area of life.
Knowledge makes you feel empowered, confident and valuable for the society. It can help you achieve your goals, get success in your career and improve your business. It will also help you in making better decisions and choices in life.
Knowledge improves communication skills and helps in building meaningful relationships with people around us. With knowledge comes wisdom and with wisdom comes power.