1. What is used to accelerate the process of rubbing in rubbed finish dressing?
b) Water and sand
2. Dressing of stones is carried out to:
a) To provide employment to people
b) To make transport of stones to site easy and economic
c) To reduce the water content of the stone
d) To avoid further works on the stone
3. How many types of dressings are there with respect to the place of work?
4. Circular finished stones are generally used for:
5. Quarry faced finished stones are also called:
a) Reticulated finish
b) Hammer faced finished
c) Rock faced stones
d) Plain finish
6. Dynamite is a more effective explosive than gelignite.
7. What is sand blasting?
a) Process of making carvings on the stone surface
b) Quarrying technique
c) Dressing type
d) Process of using sand to blast stone surface
8. Which of the following is a hand tool used for quarrying?
c) Quarrying wire
9. What is the relation between LLR (Line of Least Resistance) and amount of explosives to be used?
a) Higher the LLR, higher the amount of explosive
b) Higher the LLR, lesser the amount of explosive
c) 10% more explosive for every 1m of LLR
d) 10% less explosive for every 1m of LLR
10. Which of the following is not an explosive used for blasting?
c) Flash powder