The Living World MCQ for NEET PDF is most important for your upcoming NEET, AIIMS, and Board Examinations! Many students fear asking questions in their class. This is wrong; you should have the freedom to ask any type of question-related to your syllabus. The next step is to practice these questions by attempting them at least once during a time when you aren’t rushed for time. This will help you feel more comfortable with the question formats, and will make you realize whether you are fully comprehending the information being tested or just skimming over bits! These questions can be useful for both the medical entrance exams mentioned in the title (NEET and AIIMS) as well as other competitive examinations.
Other Relevant Questions Links
|Biological Classification||Cell: The Unit of Life|
|Animal Kingdom||Cell Cycle and Cell Division|
|Morphology of Flowering Plants||Transport in Plants|
|Anatomy of Flowering Plants||Mineral Nutrition|
A Brief Description About The Living World MCQ for NEET PDF
|Topic:||The Living World MCQ|
|Examinations:||NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER|
|Class:||11 (CBSE/NCERT) Biology|
|No of Questions:||100+|
|Question type:||Multiple Choice Question|
|Question Format:||Text & PDF|
|PDF Size:||1 MB|
|Download PDF:||Attached Below|
The Living World MCQ for NEET
1. What is the expansion of ICBN?
a) International Code for Botanical Nomenclature
b) International Code for Biological Naming
c) Indian Code for Biological Naming
d) International Council for Biodiversity and Nature
2. Which among the following is involved in the naming of the animals scientifically?
3. What do you think is the need of nomenclature?
a) Scientists can use this term in their seminars
b) To have a standard name for an organism instead of having many names in different languages
c) Nomenclature is something which is same for all organisms and people need not mention each organism with different names
d) Nomenclature looks fancier and more technical than regional names
4. A binomial nomenclature consists of _______ and_________
a) Generic name and Phyla
b) Class and Phyla
c) Generic name and specific epithet
d) Phyla and Kingdom
5. Binomial nomenclature is given by ____________
a) Carolous Linnaeus
b) Charles Darwin
c) Henry Cavendish
d) James Chadwick
6. Azadirachta indica var. minor Valeton belongs to the genus ________
7. The scientific name of lion is _________
a) Panthera Leo
b) Panthera Tigress
c) Panthera Lion
d) Panthera leo
8. The number of described species of living organisms is _________
a) 1.25 million species
b) 0.5 million species
c) 1.025 million species
d) 1.7 million species
9. The organisation of the biological world begins with __________
a) cellular level
b) atomic level
c) submicroscopic molecular level
d) organismic level
10. Which of the following books is not written by Carolus Linnaeus?
a) Systema Naturae
b) Historia Naturalis
c) Species Plantarum
d) Philosophia Botanica
11. Who is the Father of New Systematics?
d) Julian Huxley
12. A taxon can be defined as _________
a) a group of related families
b) a group of related species
c) a taxonomic group of any ranking
d) the number and type of organisms present on Earth
13. Which among the following is not a code of nomenclature for organisms?
a) International Code of Botanical Nomenclature
b) International Code of Bacteriological Nomenclature
c) International Code of Zoological Nomenclature
d) International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
14. Which of the following takes into account evolutionary relationships between organisms?
b) Artificial System of Classification
c) Natural System of classification
15. Which among the following statements are correct?
a) All the biological names have their origin in Latin
b) The first word in a biological name represents the species and the next represents genus
c) Canis lupus familaris is the binomial nomenclature of a dog
d) Panthera Tigress is the binomial nomenclature of a tiger
16. The word “Taxa” means ________
17. Which of the following taxa are in their increasing order of their similarities?
a) Class, Phylum, Kingdom
b) Genus, Kingdom, Phylum
c) Kingdom, Genus, Specific epithet
d) Specific epithet, Phylum, Genus
18. Magnifera indica and Azadirachta indica belongs to __________
a) Same genus
b) Same species
c) Same phylum
d) Same region
19. Which among the following best describes the word “Growth” in living organisms?
a) Increase in mass either due to accumulation or due to changes that body undergoes internally
b) Increase in mass due to internally cell division and increase in number due to replication are twin characteristic of growth
c) All living organisms grow throughout their life
d) Growth is a sufficient characteristic to determine whether an organism is living or non-living
20. Reproduction in Planaria takes place through ________
b) Binary Fission
c) Asexual spores
21. Sexual reproduction results in variation of the progeny from the parents. What do you think are the appropriate reasons?
a) Since sexual reproduction involves only gene from a single parent which undergoes modifications to produce different traits in the progeny
b) Sexual reproduction involves gene from both the parents which undergoes modifications to produce traits that vary from the parent
c) It is due to variation in the time
d) Parents decide the traits of the progeny and design them accordingly
22. Metabolism means ________
a) division of cells
b) expansion of cell
c) sum total of all chemical reactions occurring in our body
d) production of progeny
23. The action that the environment does on an organism is called ________
24. When the reactions that occur in the body are made to happen in laboratory conditions they are said to be ________
a) Metabolic reactions
b) Oxidation reactions
c) Living reactions
d) Reduction reactions
25. A reaction that takes place in laboratory rather than in a living body is called _______
a) In situ
b) In vitro
d) In house
26. Among the following statements pick the statement that best describes a living thing.
a) All living things reproduce
b) Living organisms grow endlessly throughout their life
c) Living organisms are those that are self replicating, evolving and self-regulating interactive systems capable of responding to external stimuli
d) Living organisms are those that depend on AI to take decisions
27. Which organism among the following reproduce?
b) Worker bees
c) Fertile human couple
d) Infertile human couple
28. The sum total of all the chemical reactions occurring in our body known as ______
29. Living and non-living organisms can be differentiated unexceptionally on the basis of _________
30. Pick the man-made non-living thing.
31. A student wanted to keep a pet rat. He kept it inside a closed cage and found that the rat died the next day. Select the reason behind the death of the rat.
a) It did not get the space to move
b) It did not get sunlight to grow
c) It did not get air to breathe
d) It did not get food to eat
32. Sun is essential for plants as it provides _____
33. Budding is observed in _____
d) Protonema of mosses
34. The study of relationships among different organisms is called _________
35. Sexual reproduction must involve parents from _________
a) Same kingdom
b) Same phylum
c) Same genus
d) Same species
36. Cats and lions belong to the family called ________
37. The action that the environment does on an organism is called ________
38. Animal kingdom is classified into different phyla based on ____________
a) Type of blood they have
b) The presence or absence of vertebral column.
c) Place they live
d) Food they eat on
39. Pick the odd one out.
40. Bats belong to the class ________
41. Scientific name of housefly is _________
a) Musca domestica
b) Eurycotis floridana
c) Oryctolagus cuniculus
d) Anopheles albimanus
42. Potato, Tomato and Brinjal belong to the order called ______________
43. Orders are grouped to form a __________
44. German Shepherd, Chihuahua, Pug, Basenji belongs to ___________
a) Same species
b) Same genus
c) Same family
d) Same class
45. What are taxonomical aids?
a) Taxonomical aids refer to first aid kids used to treat animals
b) Taxonomical aids are those that help you to identify and classify organisms into their respective taxa
c) Taxonomical aids are students who study taxonomy
d) Taxonomical aids are those which help you to study the anatomy of an organism
46. SV Zoological Park is located in _________
47. Herbarium is a _______
a) store house of all animal specimens
b) place where fresh plants are kept to attract visitors
c) sheets in which different dried plant specimens pressed against the papers are stored for taxonomical study
d) a devotional place where people offer their prayers for the sacred trees
48. Pick the odd one out.
b) Botanical Garden
c) Zoological Park
49. Lal Bagh botanical garden is located in _________
50. Museums preserve larger animals and birds ________
a) as skeletons
b) in giant boxes
c) by compressing and stuffing them into boxes
d) by creating an environment that resembles their habitat so that they can survive for a long period
51. The pair of options used in keys to determine the taxonomy of an organism is called ________
Explanation: Taxonomists use keys which provide you with a pair of contrasting options called couplet that finally terminates at the correct taxon of the organism.
52. Information on any of the taxon are provided by _________
c) Herbarium sheets
53. CBD stands for ________
a) Conservation of Bio-diversity
b) Convention on Biological Diversity
c) Conference on Bio-diversity
d) Colloquium on Bio-diversity
54. Binomial nomenclature of Potato is _________
a) Solanum tuberosum
b) Ipomoea batatas
c) Phaseolus vulgaris
d) Daucus carota subsp. sativus
55. The binomial nomenclature of peacock is _________
a) Pavo cristatus
b) Corvus corone
c) Haliaeetus leucocephalus
d) Barnardius zonarius
56. Binomial nomenclature of Wheat is _________
a) Tritica aestivum
b) Musca domestica
c) Oryza sativa
d) Glycine max
57. Which among the following is not a rule for writing binomial nomenclature?
a) The generic epithet should start with capital letter and specific epithet should start with small letter with a hyphen separating them
b) All the words in the binomial nomenclature should either be Latinized or should be derived from Latin
c) Binomial nomenclature may contain description about the organism
d) The first part of the binomial nomenclature contains the generic name and the second part contains the specific epithet
58. Felis catus is the scientific name of __________
59. Magnifera Indica belongs to the family ________
60. Homo sapiens belong to the genus ________
The Living World MCQ for NEET PDF
The questions given in this post will help you to gain an idea about the NEET, AIIMS MCQ Exam. With the help of these questions, you can very easily prepare for NEET.
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an entrance examination conducted annually in India. It is conducted for admission to various medical colleges in India. There are around 10 lakh candidates appearing every year.
The most important thing to do is to practice your way through multiple questions. Either you’ll be able to remember the entire question in detail or at least the main keywords that are important for the current question. You should try and get accustomed to every possible situation as it might come up in NEET/AIIMS. After getting used to reading NCERT books, start looking at answers to standard textbook questions and go through them in a detailed manner.
Other Relevant Questions Links
If you find any questions which are difficult to solve, then make sure you go back again after some days and try solving that question again. The last step would be to take NCERT books, and standard textbook questions available on the internet and note down all the questions that seem difficult or ambiguous while solving them. After studying all of them, I would suggest solving as many as questions you can on a daily basis because there would be a certain degree of difficulty quotient in doing this.
|Living and Non-Living Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs) and Answers||Click Here|
|Taxonomic Categories Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs) and Answers||Click Here|
|Diversity in the Living World Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs) and Answers||Click Here|
|Taxonomical Aids Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs) and Answers||Click Here|
|Biological Nomenclature Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs) and Answers||Click Here|
FAQ on The Living World
Question-1: Is the living world important for NEET?
Answer: In the purview of the NEET syllabus, the living world is an essential chapter. Because this chapter introduces you to the core principles of the universe of living beings, it is critical that you become acquainted with it immediately away.
Question-2: What is the living world made of?
Answer: There are several major components in all living cells, both plant, and animal. The protoplasm, or living stuff of the cell, is made up of the cytoplasm and the nucleus. Living things are confined to a narrow region near the surface of the earth.
Question-3: Is Ncert enough for the living world?
Answer: NCERT books are highly suggested for NEET aspirants who want to prepare holistically for India’s largest medical entrance test, NEET.
Categories: Biology Class-11