These Operating System MCQ and Answers – Process Control Block are asked in various examinations including BCA, MCA, GATE, and other tests. The questions based on the below Operating System MCQ and Answers – Process Control Block test your basic knowledge of MCQs on the topic of Operating Systems and the level of comprehension and grasp that you hold.
Operating System MCQ and Answers – Process Control Block
1. Which of the following is not the state of a process?
2. What is a Process Control Block?
a) Process type variable
b) Data Structure
c) A secondary storage section
d) A Block in memory
3. The entry of all the PCBs of the current processes is in __________
a) Process Register
b) Program Counter
c) Process Table
d) Process Unit
4. What is the degree of multiprogramming?
a) the number of processes executed per unit time
b) the number of processes in the ready queue
c) the number of processes in the I/O queue
d) the number of processes in memory
5. A single thread of control allows the process to perform __________
a) only one task at a time
b) multiple tasks at a time
c) only two tasks at a time
d) all of the mentioned
6. What is the objective of multiprogramming?
a) Have a process running at all time
b) Have multiple programs waiting in a queue ready to run
c) To increase CPU utilization
d) None of the mentioned
7. A Process Control Block(PCB) does not contain which of the following?
c) Bootstrap program
8. The number of processes completed per unit time is known as __________
9. The state of a process is defined by __________
a) the final activity of the process
b) the activity just executed by the process
c) the activity to next be executed by the process
d) the current activity of the process