These Cell Biology Multiple Choice Questions With Answers PDF is most important for your upcoming competitive examinations including NEET, AIIMS are other board exams of Class-8, Class-9, Class-10, Class-11, and Class-12.
Cell Biology Multiple Choice Questions With Answers PDF
1. Which of the following cells do not usually divide but can be induced to divide?
a) liver cells
b) red blood cells
c) hair cells
d) hair follicles
2. Which of the following was first examined under a microscope that later led to the discovery of cells?
d) Dead leaves
3. Who was the first person to describe various forms of bacteria?
a) Robert Hooke
b) Schwann and Schleiden
c) Antonie van Leeuwenhoek
4. Who proposed that plant embryo arose from a single cell?
a) Matthias Schleiden
b) Theodor Schwann
c) Robert Hooke
5. Which of the following is a tenet of cell theory, as proposed by Theodor Schwann?
a) Cell can be seen with naked eyes
b) Only animals are composed of cells
c) Cell is the structural unit of life
d) Not all organisms have cells
6. Rudolf Virchow, a German pathologist proposed the ___________________
a) cell theory
b) first tenet of cell theory
c) second tenet of cell theory
d) third tenet of cell theory
7. The cell theory consists of how many tenets?
8. Which microscope was used by Anton van Leeuwenhoek?
b) confocal microscope
d) compound microscope
9. The first culture of human cells began in ________
10. Which cells are found in the intestinal lining?
b) Epithelial cells
11. Microvilli are composed of ____________
a) red blood cells
c) white blood cells
12. Which organelle is located at the basal end of epithelial cells lining the intestine?
c) Golgi complex
13. In cellular division, one cell gives rise to two daughter cells containing equal volume. However such a case of regular division is not observed in ________________
a) White blood cells
b) Liver cells
d) Red blood cells
14. Light energy is converted to chemical energy by photosynthesis and is stored in________________
a) Glial cells
15. In humans, glucose in the body is released by _____________
16. The sum total of all the chemical reactions taking place inside the cell, represent the cell’s _______________
17. Motor proteins help in regulation which activities in a cell?
18. German embryologist, Hans Driesch used which organism’s embryo in his studies?
19. Which are the two most important macromolecules of a cell?
a) Proteins, Carbohydrates
b) Nucleic Acids, Lipids
c) Nucleic Acids, Proteins
d) Lipids, Carbohydrates
20. The genetic material of a prokaryote is present in the ______________